Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • VW ipod connector – useless?
  • mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

we just bought a golf with the (slightly older) ipod connection (we paid extra to have it fitted)

When you plug it in it completely disables all the ipod controls. is it just me or is that a complete waste of nearly £150 when it is less useful than a simple mini jack in cable?

anybody had experience with these adapters or other VW compatible connectors?

matthewjb
    Free Member

Isn’t the point that the iPod is now controlled by the car stereo?

forge197
    Free Member

You should be able to select the first 5 playlists on the ipod from the car stereo and use the normal forward and back to change tracks as the CD. The VW IPOD interface is quite poor IMHO, I have one it’s not great.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

all you can do is select the first 5 playlists and go forward and backwards through the tracks

i cannot select an album or song using the ipod controls

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

I have one, cant say which one though.

My iPod battery is shagged, so I just leave it in the glove compartment… but it is controllable, to an extent, through the head unit. If you set up playlists then the headunit shows them as cd’s which can then work as tracks one after the other or random play.

I just set it with 6 playlists & leave it to its stuff …independant songs I dont think it can do though

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

there are after market connectors that are less than £100 but allow far more control. i think i shall be calling the salesman

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Correct, they’re rubbish. I have one on my Touran which packed up after about 6 months, despite attempts to get it fixed, the dealer seems to know less about how it works than I do and blamed the hands free mobile kit for knackering the wiring even though the kit was in from the car being new.

forge197
    Free Member

spot on mrmichaelwright “all you can do is select the first 5 playlists and go forward and backwards through the tracks

i cannot select an album or song using the ipod controls ” that is all you can do.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i sense a free set of floor mats and maybe some mudflaps would soften the blow, disgruntled phone call coming up

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘VW ipod connector – useless?’ is closed to new replies.