Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • VW help. Engine fault and poss legal.
  • notmyrealname
    Free Member

Speak to Citizens Advice and they will be able to point you in the right direction.

I’ve had something similar years ago with a car that had a fault and was under manufacturers warranty and they wouldn’t fix it despite being aware of the fault. After a couple of letters and some assistance by CAB they backed down and got it sorted.

If you were to take them to small claims I’d imagine that they’d get laughed out of the place trying to argue it. It dumps coolant out when you’re driving, it’s not meant to therefore it’s faulty. Once they admit that they’ll not have much option other than to fix it or refund you I wouldn’t think.

joebristol

Best to check the details of your warranty. The last one I had from a Ford dealer covered the cost of works to repair any faults, but didn’t covers costs to diagnose them…..

ampthill

Best to check the details of your warranty. The last one I had from a Ford dealer covered the cost of works to repair any faults, but didn’t covers costs to diagnose them…..

Sadly this. A warranty will have specific terms. It is unlikely that it says “do whatever it takes to make the vehicle work”

I hope that the terms of the VW warranty cover what you need

njee20
    Free Member

That sounds more like one of the “free warranties” you get with a second hand car purchase that aren’t worth the paper they’re written on. A manufacturer’s warranty absolutely should.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘VW help. Engine fault and poss legal.’ is closed to new replies.