Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • VW Golf GTD Headlight bulb £170
  • bensales
    Free Member

TheLittlestHobo – Member

My vans have now moved on to full LED systems. Havent even seen them on cars yet so its going to be interesting. Not just those posing DRL’s people have. These have LED’s on all lights which alter light pattern, dip automatically, follow the road, change to LHD automatically etc etc etc. TBH i am not pushing them, at £1400 it seems to be a way of reinventing something that wasnt broken.

My new Merc C-class has full adaptive LED lights. They’re brilliant (excuse the pun) but I dare not think the cost if one fails. They really shouldn’t but it’s one thing that does make me glad it’s a company car.

CountZero

My vans have now moved on to full LED systems. Havent even seen them on cars yet so its going to be interesting. Not just those posing DRL’s people have. These have LED’s on all lights which alter light pattern, dip automatically, follow the road, change to LHD automatically etc etc etc. TBH i am not pushing them, at £1400 it seems to be a way of reinventing something that wasnt broken.

Depends what cars you’re talking about; do you mean the same make as your van? You haven’t said what make they are, but I see Seat Leons every day with full LED headlight systems, I think they’re the first mass-market cars to be fitted with them, previously they were only fitted to high-end cars like Audi A5/6/8 S-line and RS, or the R8.
    Possibly Mercs as well, but Seat seem to have got there first with the Leon for the middle-market cars.
    I guess over time the tech will filter right down to cheap vehicles, the longevity of LED’s compared to conventional bulbs means the probable end to cyclops cars driving around.

v8ninety

Golf GTe has full led headlights too, I read the other day.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    v666ern
    Free Member

well they’ve just called, replaced under warranty.
    She did say just the bulb but hey happy days

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘VW Golf GTD Headlight bulb £170’ is closed to new replies.