Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • VW Golf Estate 2ltr tdi
  • Nipper99
    Free Member

Looked at one of these today to replace ageing Octavia estate. Anyone else have one? Looked pretty good and seems to have good reviews.

ratherbeintobago

For balance, VW seem to be acquiring a reputation for half-arsed, take-it-or-leave-it aftersales (certainly true of our local dealer and according to my colleagues this is by no means unique among VW dealers).

Also, the Golf estate is on the Mk V floorpan despite being facelifted to look like a Mk VI. Mrs RBIT & I both had MkV Golfs; air con compressors both blew about the four year mark (as did the one in my father-in-law’s A3 at the same age) and it’s an engine-out job to repair/replace.

Neither of us owns a VW now.

Andy

jimmy

I’m waiting for the mk7 to replace my mk4. Looks a better shape (roomier maybe):

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Secret-new-cars/Search-Results/Spyshots/Volkswagen-Golf-Estate-2013-first-spy-hots/

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Yup, I have, a Bluemotion one, but it goes back on Wednesday as its 3yrs old..

Not a bad car, but nothing amazing.

Oh, and the clutch needed replacing at under 80k miles…

Wouldn’t have another.. I’ve gone for a Volvo this time.

shotsaway
    Free Member

Better pictures of the MK 7 Estate

And a R Line Concept

darrell
    Free Member

got 2. me and the missus

excellent

boring but excellent

Nipper99
    Free Member

Thanks for the comments – always had VAG cars so would sooner stick with what i know. This is an 09 plated version with 38 thou on the clock from a main dealer, Sinclares in s wales, who i have used before and are pretty good. Will come with a 12 month dealer warranty also.

mrlugz
    Free Member

Mrslugz has owned a 2.0 tdi jetta for the last 5 years, 6 months old when she got it.

It’s had an abs valve block and is currently in getting a new turbo. ( sticky vanes)

Other than that its been a great car.

andypaul99
    Free Member

[quoteFor balance, VW seem to be acquiring a reputation for half-arsed, take-it-or-leave-it aftersales (certainly true of our local dealer and according to my colleagues this is by no means unique among VW dealers).[/quote]

Its a nationwide problem , the trouble is the volumes of the brand are overwhelming the dealer network and service is suffering.whilst most other brands (ford,Vauxhall) are downsizing brands like VW desperately need larger dealerships and service centres or more of them.Its happening now but will take time..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘VW Golf Estate 2ltr tdi’ is closed to new replies.