Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • VW Golf 1.6 TDI Bluemotion DPF issues ?
  • carbonfiend
    Free Member

Thinking of getting one a MK6 2011 plate 20k mileage. Has anybody got one had any DFP issues as reason asking is this can will be used for short journeys but once a fortnight will be given a blast done the motorway. Any advice experience appreciated.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Ours is used for short journeys quite a lot (but still does 12k/yr) and it’s been absolutely fine.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

My wife had that model as a company car. Most journeys were motorway. Never had an issue with it but know someone who did (dpf) and cured it with a hard drive every now and then. The wife does tend to rag it a bit though when driving and change gear once revs are quite high (for that car). My sister has had a string of golfs R32, GTi and currently a 170bhp GTD, which is her first diesel golf, it has developed a dpf fault which she claims is worse through villages/towns.

Over all the blue motion are good cars IME for what they do. They could be described as quite dull but it’s not the kind of car you buy to excite you as such. After 60k it still felt well made and the interior looked good as the quality of plastics is good.

carbonfiend
    Free Member

Our last car, which has recently died, was a Renault really was a French piece of shite, got a T5 camper to get excited about and it’s been great. After the Renault said I was only gonna get a German car and we need a small (ish) hatchback. Will be used by the wife mainly to drive to & from home to train station for work but she will also drive it work – Motorway to LDN.
    Other option is 1.4 petrol but insurance & tax is higher, with Bluemotion virtually zero tax & much lower insurance.

molgrips
    Free Member

The requirement for a hard drive periodically is not an ‘issue’ I.e. fault, it’s a design requirement. What it means is that IF you get the warning light on because you did too many short trips, you need to sort it out with a longer drive as per the manual.

It should be ok if you rtfm.

sofatester
    Free Member

The requirement for a hard drive periodically is not an ‘issue’ I.e. fault, it’s a design requirement. What it means is that IF you get the warning light on because you did too many short trips, you need to sort it out with a longer drive as per the manual.

What he said.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘VW Golf 1.6 TDI Bluemotion DPF issues ?’ is closed to new replies.