Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • VW bay – security wheelclamp ??
  • lasty
    Free Member

Managed to get a reasonably hidden carport sorted for storing my much loved type2 bay and was looking for a decent wheelclamp. Tyre size is 185/14 so transitty size-ish…
    Any recommendations from the white van brigade ??

lasty
    Free Member

unashamedly bumped for the evening session …. 😆

VanHalen

Surely the need to lie on the floor and smack the atarter with a hammer is a more effective immobiliser? Or was that just mine.

Do you not use yours much? Mine was a daily driver. Bloody great going to meetings in a proper vehicle. Never considered someone nickin them. Mine had a full length sunroof so security was not paramount! But they are worth a take bit now. Go to your local good motor factors. Not halfrauds.

nealglover
    Free Member

Caravan shops would be a good place to look for one.

gazc
    Free Member

i was thinking of sticking a kryponite chain through a few spokes on our camper when we go away (not a bad area but stuff does go missing…). should keep the scrotes busy for a while cutting it off, but then again they could just jack it up and swap the wheel for the spare…

i reckon one that covers the bolts would be best 🙂

lasty
    Free Member

Cheers chaps…
    Had mi van for 20 years so dont want it to vanish but i know if they want it,they`ll get it..
    Used to be my daily drive but that was when i sold up and drove down to Turkey, lived on beaches in her for 2 years – happy days 8)

drlex
    Free Member

On an old car of mine, I put a hidden switch on the fuel pump. Car would turn over and start on the fuel in the carbs, but cut out half a minute later without the pump on. Might confuse & frustrate a thief that’s broken in for the keys but hasn’t come with a tow-truck.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

It might be easier to whip a wheel off and jack it up on to an axle stand if you want to put off an opportunist thief.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Used to take the rotor arm away with me from my old bay. Not really nickable, hand painted in yellow smoothrite to link up all the rust!

Got a steering wheel disc for the T3 which seems pretty impregnable. Plus a secret disable switch.

lasty
    Free Member

Thanks – Mechanical pump so i have a switch fitted to the fuel cut-off solenoid. Rotor arm is stashed in the kitchen cupboard 8)
    Can`t really disable by wheel removal as the van needs to be mobile at all times – in the rental agreement. The courtyard isnt accessable by a tow truck which is one of the reasons i went for that particular parking spot. Life was much easier when i had my own garage in Leeds – nowhwere to mess down here !!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘VW bay – security wheelclamp ??’ is closed to new replies.