Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Vw
  • lewismorgan
    Free Member

peasant
    Free Member

Don,t talk to me about VW just paid £65.00 for a set of front pads for a touran 👿 and no thats not fitted

andyl
    Free Member

£65 for pads…you need to buy parts at the right places!

Brakes are not normally make specific but off the shelf – eg ATE or Bosch. Sadly modern cars are overweight and need big brakes which cost more but you really can do better than £65 – unless you have to buy from the dealer for warranty.

Oxboy
    Free Member

I’ve had 3
    1974 Beetle
    Golf GTI
    Passat Turbo Sport

what was the question????

ac505
    Free Member

wish I kept mine
    59 Splitty
    63 Splitty
    73 Bug
    Mk 1 GTI.

Oh drive a Golf GTD now, nice but a bit boring to be honest.

MartynS

Don,t talk to me about VW just paid £65.00 for a set of front pads for a touran and no thats not fitted

If only Superstar did car brake pads….

molgrips
    Free Member

1992 1.1 Polo
    1992 Passat 1.8 petrol
    2003 Seat Ibiza 1.9 TDi
    1994 Passat 1.9 TD estate
    2006 Passat 2.0 TDi

Loved them all 🙂 Well, not the estate so much. Handling and ride were cack, to be fair, despite having replaced the bouncy bits. Engine was cool though.

PJM1974
    Free Member

1989 Polo
    1991 Golf Gti 16v

I replaced the latter with an Alfa 156 24v which sounded ace. I saw a 16v mk2 Golf for sale the other day and it was all I could not to buy another one.

I might just yet.

My bro had two Corrado VR6s, which remain to date the finest handling cars I’ve ever driven, even after trying out my mate’s Impreza Turbo and numerous other notable wannabe exotics.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Last brake pads I bought for the Touran were £30 – that was last summer. I got new pads, disks and fitting for £100 from my local garage. £65 sounds an awful lot without fitting.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Love them had a few Inc. Coupe s, PoloG40, mk1 gti Passat 1.8t – currently got a polo gti. Off to tatton park for the annual vw show later, pray for sunshine!

Sandwich

Just about to rejoin the VAG fold. Went shopping for a runaround yesterday and came home with an S3 😳

Mrs S suggests I’m on an extended first childhood!

maccruiskeen

Astounding number of replies to a blank first post

Drac

unless you have to buy from the dealer for warranty.

Which you don’t need to do, there is no need to go to a dealer to keep your warranty.

I have 3 Mk V Golfs and currently have a MK VI all have been the 2.0 TDi 140bhp GT model. Been brilliant the only fault I’ve had is on the current with the exhaust sensor, that was replaced under warranty without quibble as apparently there’s been a faulty batch.

I’m going to order a new VAG within the next week or two but it’ll be March before I get it.

Don,t talk to me about VW just paid £65.00 for a set of front pads for a touran and no thats not fitted

Don’t blame the manufacturer if you can’t shop around.

peasant
    Free Member

Yes maybe a bit hasty , I was at stealers booking service (£129)pads fitted are £130 so £65 sounded cheap 😳

donsimon
    Free Member

Don’t blame the manufacturer if you can’t shop around afford to run the car you’ve bought.

😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Vw’ is closed to new replies.