Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Vulcan Bomber
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Was lucky to be about 50 metres from the Vulcan today at Brize. I was suprised how small it is, I remember it being this huge noisy monster but compared with all the other kit it is tiny.

DaveGr
    Free Member

We have one near us that took off last weekend and had all the neighbours running out going "ooohhhhh!"

renton
    Free Member

yoda that will be the same one pigface saw as there is only one flying now!!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    saladdodger
    Free Member

yes they were a bit dissapointing to be close to(and realy small on the flight deck) as I remember at the Abingdon air show back in the early 80's and the second hand (ex B.A.) Tristar was thought to be new at the same show 28+ years ago

But the way it turned yer guts on full power now there is another thing

but to be fair compaired to the Timmy / VC10 (are they still fit to fly) and the C17, at brize it would seem small

renton
    Free Member

vc10 is more reliable than the timmy even though its older!!!

vc10 on full chat is a nice noise!

saladdodger
    Free Member

problem is on the 10 you travel the wrong way round 😕

renton
    Free Member

yep !! my wife and kids couldnt get used to that !! 😆 coming back from akrotiri

genesis
    Free Member

The thing that struck me was how small the cockpit is on them!

Biggest suprise recently is how big a B-2 Spirit is. Living in Chester is funny as we are right under the flightpath for Airbus in Broughton and seeing visitors reaction to the Beluga flying over, its easy to get blase about how big 'n ugly it is.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

renton – VC10's also have quite a confusing 'waste emptying' system it would seem too.

The two French ground staff at Nice who I saw get covered in blue bits of toilet paper and other matter obviously found the process beyond their abilities!

Oh and yes, 4 Conways (whether fitted to a VC10 or a Victor) have always sounded good, though the Vulcan 'howl' always rattles a few windows.

B52 vs Vulcan tak-off, is that all they can do with 8 engines?

renton
    Free Member

yes mate ive spent couple of days covered in racosoan when pulling the handle before putting the suction hose on!!! not a nice smell i can tell ya

saladdodger
    Free Member

😆

never had a issue with the bucket in the back of the herc

Ah the good old days 😥

renton
    Free Member

ahhh the old k spec herc!!!

j's have pissers in the front which need emptying still and a proper hose connection now!!

pjt201
    Free Member

I remember being at the biggin hill airfair when i was about 10 and the vulcan managing to melt the end of the runway.

saladdodger
    Free Member

renton – Member
    ahhh the old k spec herc!!!

j's have pissers in the front which need emptying still and a proper hose connection now!!

Bloody hell just worked it out I have been out of the mob for 16 years shit time flys

I did have great joy having a piss on the K tankers when refueling the F4's at MPA should of emmitted all over there canopys 😈

darkcove

Vulcan Howl!!!

Pretty daft place to stand near the centre line, but bloody hell!!! Loads of good memories of the Vulcan being flung around the sky at Church Fenton Airshows as a kid. I even went to Waddington this year to see it but was pretty gutted that "paperwork" issues kept it firmly on the ground:-(

sootyandjim
    Free Member

You could have warned me to turn my speakers down.

Question is though, did he go around because of the folk standing under the approach or to give them a blast? They do seem very near to the runway.

Id rather see this have a proper flight though.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

sootyandjim – Member
    You could have warned me to turn my speakers down.

Question is though, did he go around because of the folk standing under the approach or to give them a blast? They do seem very near to the runway.

From the comments, the person who shot the vid;

jodywinter1 (1 month ago) i dont? live far from yeovilton so i know the back roads to get there

darkcove

The weather doesn't look too good in the video, so I guess the go-around could have been due to that. The people were still on the right side of the fence so I doubt it would have been that.

crazy-legs

I'm seeing it tomorrow at Leuchars Airshow. 🙂
    Weather forecast looks good, Vulcan is still listed as confirmed. Bring it on!

sootyandjim
    Free Member

CFH – They appear to be against the fence in the field off Speckington Lane.

Whilst they are outside the fence (so 'legal') they are within the approach lighting of an airfield more used to dealing with rotary assets these days rather than large, fast moving and powerful aircraft.

Legal they may be but it doesn't mean its clever to be stood there.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Vulcan Bomber’ is closed to new replies.