• This topic has 209 replies, 45 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by mt.
Viewing 10 posts - 201 through 210 (of 210 total)
  • Vuelta, possible spoiler.
  • Solo
    Free Member

Dopers who say sorry after serving a ban are good; dopers who don’t say sorry after serving a ban are bad. In short.

Right, thanks for the precis. I’d point out that if you’re referring to Millar. He was broken by his team. Conspiracy theory or no, he was coerced and corraled into it, but when he was grassed-up, well you know the rest of that story.

Now, take someone who has won say, a record number of TdF. They actively used, no coercion, but active, deliberate use to gain advantage.

At this point I’d ask you if you see the difference, but what you believe, while it might be nice for me to find out. Doesn’t really matter to me, but obviously will effect your enjoyment/lack of enjoyment, of the sport.

But turning a race thread into another I hate dopers and all the hypocracy, thread. Isn’t much fun, may be.

If you want to smash the crap out of dopers, get stuck into the LA thread. Its a Saga and I tune in every day for the latest.

tinsy
    Free Member

200 a personal record.

I think Alex is saying the same thing SOLO, it wasn’t clear to me at first as there was a hint of sarcasm in his comments before. But i think he is saying the same thing.

of sorts.

I look forward to tomorrow, its going to be a stressful day with, singlegeek, work & bike racing, must just drop some EPO with my dinner.

alex222
    Free Member

I’m not smashing the crap out of them. I personally don’t even see a problem with it. I am wondering why some one who….. well I’ve said it about 100 times. I have enjoyed every stage. It’s not me being cynical about dopers, ex dopers who say sorry, ex dopers who don’t. I think that they will crack on regardless and bend/break rules whenever/wherever they can like pretty much any other professional sport.

Oh and by the way

he was coerced and corraled into it

not sure I would agree.

I also already like cricket thank you.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Dopers who say sorry after serving a ban are good; dopers who don’t say sorry after serving a ban are bad.

Well its a start. Ok any apology and promise to ride clean from now on may not be genuine but on the other hand it might be genuine and its better than having a cynical doper like Steak-Boy trying to pretend like it never happened.

I see Museuw has now admitted to doping throughout his career. History seems to have a habit of catching up with dopers especially these days.

Solo
    Free Member

Oh and by the way

he was coerced and corraled into it

not sure I would agree.

Well I can see why people might mistake your posts for trolling.. 😉
    But, that you don’t agree is the beauty of this place, we don’t all agree. However, I’ve read the book and then formed my opinion without prejudice. I’m not aware of the book being wall to wall lies or a total work of fiction, so I’ve taken DM and his book at face value.

Jamie.
    I know now that I’ve always irritated the heck out of you. I never understood how or why. SORRY. Enjoy the rest of the Vuelta.

tinsy
    Free Member

Solo, do not take the capitals as a personal knock, just how my sloppy typing goes.

weeksy

I’m not aware of the book being wall to wall lies or a total work of fiction, so I’ve taken DM and his book at face value.

Wouldn’t you expect anyone hoping to come back into a sport after a ban to say exactly that though ?

tinsy
    Free Member

Another stage where it all happens at 500m to go?

Or a massive attack by Sky?

alex222
    Free Member

Uponthedowns – managed to convey quite well what I think others are trying to say without coming across as a pompous chode; chapeau.

Solo – I do know that people have different opinions. I think that there are some people on this forum that seem to think that everyone should share there opinion.

Weeksy – tru dat bruv.

Tinsy – Another stage like yesterday would indeed be good. Break reeled in and a sprint for the line. I would like Gilbert to win a stage; though he would have to solo it all the way for uber glory and hero worship.

mt
    Free Member

Though I agree that the Miller book could viewed as self justification and it is a tad irritaiting in many place (I thought spoilt brat for a lot of it). it was published more than two years after his return from the ban, he was well and truly back.

Viewing 10 posts - 201 through 210 (of 210 total)

The topic ‘Vuelta, possible spoiler.’ is closed to new replies.