Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 346 total)
  • Vuelta 2017 thread – contains spoilers!
  • IdleJon

The thread title probably needs a ‘spoliers (sic) within’ addition pls.

Do people really this? 🙄

bikebouy
    Free Member

I see the Sky Train set the scene and Octopusy is in the lead..

At least Nibbs shot off and Bertie sadly wobbled a bit.

Nice place Andorra.

crazy-legs

Shame that ITV4 aren’t showing this live as they did with the TdF. Still got the excellent Millar/Boulting commentary team.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    anagallis_arvensis

That **** watch add is back though!!

dantsw13

It’s gone a bit quiet in here! Today’s final hill looked a tough little ramp!

swavis

Very nasty that last little climb. Great to see Chaves in good form 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

It’s gone quiet because old spider legs is controlling it..

beej

Froome looks strongest on the climbs, Sky look very strong (Moscon!) and he’s also the best TT out of the people doing well on the climbs.

Of course, it’s the Vuelta and random stuff happens. Stages have been good to watch though, much better than some of the TdF bore-fest.

legend
    Free Member

Great to see Chaves in good form

Yup! Cracking to see him back on it!

Stages have been good to watch though, much better than some of the TdF bore-fest.

Vuelta is always the best of the Gran Tours imo

Klunk
    Free Member

Bertie has just beaten up team sky the peloton

Klunk
    Free Member

Another BMC contender crashes out of a Grand tour! TJ’s gone down hard when looking really good

leffeboy

:(. The racing is great though

Klunk
    Free Member

team sky look a little lacking here!

Klunk
    Free Member

TJ back on his bike about a minute back hanging out with most of team sky 😯

mrblobby
    Free Member

Tejay down again 🙁

Klunk
    Free Member

bmc might want too look at a new tyre supplier or less air in them.

scaredypants

Tejay down again

yeah – that kerb “nearly” caught out a couple of the 3 leaders, and they weren’t undercutting the commissaire’s car at the time

eddie11
    Free Member

Nah it’s just vangarderen. There isnt a promising situation he can’t throw away.

Klunk
    Free Member

Nah it’s just vangarderen BMC. There isnt a promising situation he they can’t throw away.

FIFY 😉

psling
    Free Member

Did Froome overdo it yesterday and will he suffer for that today? It seemed a little naive to me attacking on the mountain alongside Contador knowing there is still 35km to go over the other side; it always seemed highly likely that the other GC contenders would regain the gap before the finish.

chakaping
    Free Member

I think he can still be pretty relaxed, but I’m really hoping Chaves is keeping his powder dry and will give Froome a hard time in the mountains with the Yateses as his super-duper domestiques.

scud
    Free Member

Anyone else hate how the graphic showing the distance going down switches to a clock within the final few kms so you don’t know how close the finish line is?

And how do the Spanish motorbikes come so close to the riders and still produce rubbish TV pictures?!!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Did Froome overdo it yesterday and will he suffer for that today? It seemed a little naive to me attacking on the mountain alongside Contador knowing there is still 35km

You’d expect a quieter day on GC today but who knows with the Vuelta. Froome really seems to be enjoying himself in this Vuelta. He’d not have really expected to take time on stages like yesterday’s, more about chipping away psychologically at the other GC guys. If he shows he can drop them on little climbs like that they’ll be more weary of attacking him later in the race.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Thomas De Gendt in the break 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

echelons then they sit up !

beej

They seem tired. They were hardly drilling on the front to try and force splits, then there was a turn into a block headwind that killed it off.

Bit bored of this one so far. And Sean Kelly is starting to annoy.

dantsw13

Barguil withdrawn from the race by Sunweb for refusing to follow team orders & not helping his punctured leader. Not a great finale to his sunweb career.

Klunk
    Free Member

wonder is Contrador will try and disrupt the sky train again today It need something to break it up or they’ll just grind along to the base of the final climb.

beej

Agree, would be nice to see some early attacks.

Klunk
    Free Member

unfortunately it’s a long way between the intermediate climbs and the final brute.

Klunk
    Free Member

37 degrees today, scorchio!

Klunk
    Free Member

it’s all getting a bit nervy in the peloton 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

what brute of a climb 🙂

beej

Well I was watching it in the garage, while building up a new frame.

Good to see Bertie up there again, I think he’ll suffer on the longer climbs though. Still, good racing.

Superficial
    Free Member

I know it’s been said many times, but Bertie lights up races. Great to watch.

Froome seems to be in scintillating form. He seems to have trained to peak for this – Quite staggering if you consider that if that’s true, he won the TdF without being in top form.

ceepers

Froome looks like he’s enjoying himself judging by the post stage interview. He looks very relaxed. Ominous for the rest………

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Froome loving having Bertie as a domestique!

crazy-legs

Good stage today, I enjoyed the ITV4 highlights.

Eurosport live coverage is nice but the Kirby/Kelly commentary is annoying although I’ll accept that they do know what they’re talking about (unlike Hugh Porter or the days of Liggett/Sherwen where it was just a string of clichés).

Tomorrow finishes with a double ascent after a long flat day up the coast. Wonder how much crosswinds might affect it on the run in.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Blimey that was steep. Good finish.

poolman
    Free Member

Yes i just got back from watching it, its a brutal climb and they did it twice. Its so humid here too so brilliant for all of them. Looking fwd to watching it tonight on itv4.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 346 total)

The topic ‘Vuelta 2017 thread – contains spoilers!’ is closed to new replies.