Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • VT2 Replacement Fork – Recommendations, Please?
  • domderbyshire
    Free Member

Hi, Everyone.

I ride a standard 2005 VT2 and love it. The bike lives out in the Alps and copes will all mountain riding very well.

Anyway, the original forks (Manitou Black Comp, 90-120mm travel, w/ SPV) are tired, and I wondered what would make a good replacemment. I want to retain the geometry of the bike as it suits me very well. To be honest, I very rarely use the 90mm side of the travel, leaving it at 120mm.

What do you reckon?

All the best, and many thanks for your input.

Dom.

TonyL
    Free Member

I have the same model VT but I destroyed my black comps after 18 months or so. Put some Rockshox Revelation air u turns on my VT and they have been great much better than the black comps. U turn means you can set the travel to pretty much what ever you want. I have a newer set of revelations on a Genesis hard tail as well and again they are excellent, easy to set up and no problems to run at all.

hambl90
    Free Member

Hi I used to have one of these ,brilliant bikes , used mine in the alps with 150mm bombers and loved it, if you want to keep the same geometry though i’d go for fox f120 got them on my mount vision and they’re fit and forget.

domderbyshire
    Free Member

Thanks, guys. The F120s look EXPENSIVE!

hambl90
    Free Member

Got my f120 on crc for £299 with 15mm axle

Doug
    Free Member

Those Revs are definitely the type of fork I’d be looking at but have a tapered steerer so would need a Cane Creek XX 44mm headset. I ran Z1SL’s on mine usually at 130mm but upped to 150mm for Alpine and AM duties,

TonyL
    Free Member

Those are the ones, good price that too I think I paid about £300 and thought it was a bargin. Had mine on my VT for a three years or more now and no problems with them lots of miles all year round on some pretty rough trails. Can’t see why anyone would pay more for forks to be honest if you can get ones as good as this for £250

TonyL
    Free Member

Just noticed those ones have a tapered steerer so not the same! Don’t know if you can get a converter? Def the type of fork to go for though.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I ran RS Pikes at 140mm on my VT. Brilliant.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

I’ve got some Fox Float 140RLs that I got off here 2nd hand on my VT2 and I love ’em. I bought it second hand with 130mm Fox Vanillas on it but it rides so-o much better with the new ones on it.

domderbyshire
    Free Member

Thanks for all the input. Lots of food for thought here.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘VT2 Replacement Fork – Recommendations, Please?’ is closed to new replies.