Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • V.Soft Fork springs
  • hammyuk
    Free Member

Any one know where I can get one?
    Trying to get my daughters 24″ forks to actually work without a gorilla on them!
    Already dropped one side out but still to hard really to allow any compression in them.

hammyuk
    Free Member

No one have any ideas?

jes
    Free Member

What forks ?

hammyuk
    Free Member

They are standard nonadjustable 24″ raleigh jobbies BUT I have a set of Manitou Sixes to go on if needed.
    Biggest problem is that she is a way off anything 26″ sized for some time yet :/

hamishthecat
    Free Member

TBH she probably doesn’t need* suspension forks at the moment and the extra weight will be more of a hindrance.

*I don’t know what sort of riding she does.

Plus there almost certainlyt won’t be any damping in the fork so if you do get a softer spring it will probably just bounce up and down.

jes
    Free Member

I can only suggest seeing if you can remove the spring to try and get it’s dimensions and then try and find something that matches.

Mojo
    J-Tech
    TF tuned

and others.

Good luck

Onzadog
    Free Member

As above but I’d look outside of mountain biking. There’s normally a spring stockist somewhere not too far away.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Trust me – she does need them.
    After having the bars literally shaken out of her hands recently on a local DH because of zero movement it needs sorting.
    She tried my Kona with Bombers on it (before it got stolen) and going down to 60’ish psi it worked lovely for her but was just too big wheel wise.
    If I can get the same effect on this one then it will suit her for the next 2-3yrs without any issues.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

OK, fair eneough but if she is seriously needing suspension forks then get something like a set of Bombers and run the wheel in those – provided you’re running a disc brake obviously. 24″ wheel in normal forks is OK provided it doesn’t slack the head angle too much. You will never get any sensible performance out of the Raleigh ones.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Hence the Manitou’s although I think they will be sold on for a set of Bombers

hamishthecat
    Free Member

My daughter has Bombers on her bike (26″ wheel) run at a bit less than 30psi for plenty of sag – works well.

br
    Free Member

I just put some standard air Recons’ on my son’s 24″ bike, worked a treat.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Cheers guys – Bombers or Recons it is, Ebay here I come…..
    Just need to re-lace the front wheel to a disc hub now…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘V.Soft Fork springs’ is closed to new replies.