Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • VPP (Bronson) regrease
  • jsync

I attempted to regrease the pivot with the zerk fittings on the Bronson last night. On the zerk nearest the BB only the drive side pushed fresh grease through with a little leak from the NDS. On the rear zerk I pushed grease in until the pressure changed to really hard but there was no leakage. Is it time for a strip down?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

What’s a zerk?

robj20
    Free Member

A quick release nipple used for injecting grease.

Yes strip the pivot down it only takes 20 minutes.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well there you go and I’ve been calling them grease nipples for 30 years…

robj20
    Free Member

Same think, Zerk is the proper name though.

Oscar U. Zerk is the guy that invented them.

smatkins1
    Free Member

If your zerk is the same as my zerk then there is a little sprung loaded ball bearing which is pushed in as you force grease in using the grease gun.

Sometimes my ball gets stuck or clocked up with mud. I just use something to poke the ball and make sure it can move freely when your problem happens to me.

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Stupid question but on my blur I only ever (since I have had it) get grease coming out of one side of the linkage on both nipples, is this correct or should it come out of both sides

deadkenny
    Free Member

I believe should be both sides, but I get the same. Doesn’t seem to be a problem though.

smatkins1
    Free Member

Shouldn’t necessary be coming out of both sides, It’ll just come out at the weakest part of the seal.

jsync

Thanks for the replies.

I’ve since spoken to Stif, apparently it isn’t an issue if it doesn’t come out evenly as it’s just finding the easiest route. In the case where you can pump grease in up to the point where there is loads of resistance it is likely that the bearing dust seals are stopping it coming out. I will leave it for now as I think it’s ok but will plan for a strip down in a couple of months.

jamcorse

The way that SC designed the pivot bolt, one side (the hex side) will always have a greater space between the cap and the frame but Stiff are right, path of least resistance. From personal experience (high mileage tallboy) look after those bearings because replacing them is a messy pita…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘VPP (Bronson) regrease’ is closed to new replies.