Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Voting – conspiracy theory :-)
  • Rockhopper
    Free Member

So, in the polling booth this morning they supply a pencil for you to put your cross in the box – is that so they can have an army of people with rubbers changing your vote to what they actually want you to vote for??

nedrapier

I thought that. Went over it really hard a few times just to make sure!

perchypanther
    Free Member

Take your own Sharpie.

GrahamS

Good theory.

Though if they had that kind of access to the ballot papers couldn’t they just replace them completely?

What they really do is tick your name off a list so that later they can cast votes for everyone that didn’t show up.

Stoner
    Free Member

It’s either pencil or disappearing ink…

bencooper
    Free Member

The answer is to draw a cross on your forehead with pen, then repeatedly smash your head onto the ballot paper.

perchypanther
    Free Member

“It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything.” – Joseph Stalin

Just sayin’

aracer
    Free Member

I can’t see how that makes electoral fraud less likely ben, but whatever makes you feel better

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I take the pencil what I uses to mark my cuts on my floors. Anything I don’t immediately clean off post-cut becomes almost impossible to clean off the next day. I’ll be checking to see if there’s any sandpaper at the polling station.

bencooper
    Free Member

I can’t see how that makes electoral fraud less likely ben, but whatever makes you feel better

It was more a comment on the average intelligence of conspiracy theorists 😀

Firstly, unless you’ve never voted before, you’ve always had pencils.
    Secondly, there are much easier ways to rig a ballot, stuffing lots of dummy ballot papers into the box or losing boxes from certain areas is much easier than employing an army of people with erasers.

P-Jay
    Free Member

The papers aren’t unique, it would be easier just to replace them, or throw away the papers who gave the ‘wrong’ answer.

This, like most conspiracy theories falls flat because it requires a lot of people, all to tell the same lie, forever and ever without any of them ever having a bad day, having a breakdown or becoming disenchanted and spilling the beans.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Never understood why we use pencils
    Personally I take a pen with me
    #makesyouthink

bencooper
    Free Member

They always work.
    If the ballots get wet, the mark doesn’t run.
    Cheap.

perchypanther
    Free Member

They always work.
    If the ballots get wet, the mark doesn’t run.
    Cheap.

Also allows you to vote in zero gravity.

aracer
    Free Member

I hope you also wear a tinfoil hat so the lizards can’t influence your thoughts, JY – it is after all a lot easier for them in elections as they have a limited area to cover with their thought control beams

bencooper
    Free Member

Also allows you to vote in zero gravity.

That thing about Russians using pencils is my favourite counterfact. There’s a very good reason you don’t use a pencil in space, the graphite particles get everywhere and tend to short out delicate electronics.

Whereas Fisher invested their own money in inventing that space pen, and they’ve made a mint out of it.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUR-HgAtwtg[/video]

perchypanther
    Free Member

That thing about Russians using pencils is my favourite counterfact. There’s a very good reason you don’t use a pencil in space, the graphite particles get everywhere and tend to short out delicate electronics.

Not many delicate electronics in the Church Hall.

Absolutely plagued with zero gravity though. 😀

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I also had a pencil.

I stole it in protest.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I hope you also wear a tinfoil hat so the lizards can’t influence your thoughts, JY

Thanks for the heads up…you’re very very wise

soobalias
    Free Member

ah, the old paul daniels

rusty90
    Free Member

My son just texted me to remind me that it’s the Remain vote today and the Leave vote tomorrow. What a good lad, preventing me from making an awful mistake 🙂

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Fisher sent the first samples to Dr. Robert Gilruth, Director of the Houston Space Center. The pens were all metal except for the ink, which had a flash point above 200°C. The sample Space Pens were thoroughly tested by NASA. They passed all the tests and have been used ever since on all manned space flights, American and Russian. All research and development costs were paid by Paul Fisher. No development costs have ever been charged to the government.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

What’s wrong with a colouring pencil?

GrahamS

Judging by some of the campaign rhetoric I think a blunt non-toxic crayon might be a safer option for some voters.

welshfarmer

Don’t know about zero gravity, but I have been to a few parties in our village hall which had no atmosphere 🙂

letmetalktomark

Went and voted. Wasn’t sure which way to go in the end, so I just put a big X next to leave as I definitely don’t want that.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Don’t know about zero gravity, but I have been to a few parties in our village hall which had no atmosphere

Russ Abbot is dissappoint. 🙁

nickc

used the pencil, just in case “they” need to change my vote

GrahamS

Wasn’t sure which way to go in the end, so I just put a big X next to leave as I definitely don’t want that.

😆 I’ve done vote counting in the past – you’d be shocked by how many people can’t manage the simple task of putting an unambiguous cross in a box.

mogrim

Just where did those pencils come from???

Makes you think

jimster01

I’m taking my own special crayon along.

mrhoppy

Junkyard – lazarus
    Personally I take a pen with me
    #makesyouthink

FTFY

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I heard that conspiracy theories were actually spread by the powers that be. This idea is that you make up so many unbelievable claims that the people don’t believe the real examples of electoral fraud.

Hide the secrets in plain sight, just drown them in a see of dis-belief.

You know it makes sense when you think about it

bencooper
    Free Member

No, conspiracy theories are themselves a government conspiracy to make us think they’re really competent enough to rig an election without totally ballsing it up.

bigjim

the biggest conspiracy is the rain/flooding in the south east, why did state-controlled BBC Weather make this rain happen on this day of all days, in the most densely populated part of the country? Coincidence?

John Tindall says he didn’t get to vote as he was in a hurry and the water was around six inches deep at the polling station and fast-flowing.

marcus7
    Free Member

I thought the pencil was on the chunky side to be honest, you would need a non standard pencils sharpener to continue using it. I heard it was an EU law passed a couple of years ago on pencil sizing and sharpeners and guess what:
    biggest supplier of oversized pencils? FRANCE!
    biggest supplier of oversized sharpeners? GERMANY!
    You couldn’t make it up….

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Coincidence?

You can’t spell remain without rain.

footflaps

Judging by some of the campaign rhetoric I think a blunt non-toxic crayon might be a safer option for some voters.

Surely we want a highly toxic crayon!

phiiiiil

I’ve got loads of pencils at home from ikea, screwfix and argos; they’re incredibly useful. Is nicking the pencils from polling stations treason?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Voting – conspiracy theory :-)’ is closed to new replies.