Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Votes needed to make a MTB blog win against Molly and the Princess !
  • SpokesCycles
    Free Member

OMFG! Adidas pastry cutters.

I don’t think I’ve ever been so excited by cooking stuff. Where from? How much?

Adidas mince pies for moi.

andrewh
    Free Member

voted

Pook

They don’t have the internet in the 1950s.

As an out of work copy-writer, I’ve done your next blog post for you

“Today I had the absolute misfortune to be introduced to the absolutely ghastly people at Singletrackworld.com. A greater number of rotters and scoundrels I have yet to meet than these ragamuffins, who made riotous fun out of my spiffing vintage clothing and the dear Princess. She is ever so upset at the names these naughty people have been calling her, and what they have been saying about my pretty shnukums who was jolly nice to try on my lovely clothes. Poor squiffy.
    Tomorrow I shall express my annoyance at brunch with lovely Frenella off of the Crabbies Ginger Ale advert. Yours, Molly Bucket (pron ‘Bouquet’)”

😀

Mark

The other copyright issue to consider is that in order to successfully win a case of breach of copyright you would have to be able to demonstrate your losses. It’s your losses that you would be ‘suing’ for in a breach of copyright case. Crucial in such a case would be the issue of whether the copyright ‘breacher’ has profited from the breach. Now since you aren’t selling your images and the ‘breacher’ hasn’t profited from them I would suggest there is no case at all here.

I’m going to shut up about this now.

🙂
    Mark

wwaswas

Mark – she should be paying stw for all this increased traffic to her site…

aracer
    Free Member

MAMILs … late at night when they have nothing better to do than read a bike forum.

Coming from somebody not only with a blog, but attempting to win a competition for the best blog, who appears to have nothing better to do in the middle of the day than come on said bike forum and argue with said MAMILs (sic), oh the ironing.

I also find it quite amusing that somebody with a blog doesn’t realise how the internet works – a hotlink being nothing more than the modern equivalent of a reference to an image, saving you all the work. The question is, given the original complaint seems to be about copyright, would it be acceptable to provide a normal link to the pic (which could have no possible copyright issue), even though that would still result in all the sad blokes on here going to look at the pics? Dare I suggest that all this fuss might actually result in more people going to look at the pics, which molly seems perfectly happy to be in the public domain on her blog for any bloke to go and look at?

molly
    Free Member

Mark – I wasn’t thinking of ‘suing’ anyone – I asked Elfinsafety if he wouldn’t mind removing the images, he didn’t, moderator removed them, end of. It’s no big deal.

nickf
    Free Member

I think the astounding thing here is Molly’s presumption that saying ‘copyright’ will somehow stop people appropriating her daughter’s image. The internet is positively built on illegal content, so quoting legalities is hardly going to stop the less salacious sites. Plus, as Mark points out, there was no copyright breach on STW in any event.

And, tellingly, her daughter’s image, the one she’s so concerned about, is still on her blog, for all to see.

Mark

……and another thing….

🙂

People who don’t know the difference between Libel and Slander! Please check before you email me with threats based on the old ‘My lawyer has told me I have a very strong case….’ nonsense that tells me straight away that a) you have not a clue about what can or can’t be said in a public forum and b) you obviously don’t have a lawyer.

aaaargh! 😉

ps. I’m drifting off into generalities here.. Nothing aimed directly at you Molly 🙂

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

I’m still having no luck with these cookie cutters…

Andituk
    Free Member

A vote for Stodge is a vote against twee.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

soobalias – Member
    *right clicked, save as*
    for ron you understand.

Thanks mate…

….oh voted for Stodge by the way

stodge
    Free Member

Guys,
    Thanks for all the support but I think its time to draw a line under this one, it was for last months competition, plus I have just heard from Dorset that stodge-blog did in fact win.

Cheers again for the support

Stodge
    http://www.stodgell.co.uk

Andituk
    Free Member

Excellent news 😀

soobalias
    Free Member

*changes mind to continue fighting for the underdog*

Merlinman

Right – closing this now as its run it’s course!

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Votes needed to make a MTB blog win against Molly and the Princess !’ is closed to new replies.