Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Vosges: endless buff singletrack :-) …PHOTOS
  • ash

Bit of a good weekend…

Starting out at the top of the Ballon d'Alsace (1247m)

Sandstone Tech

Along the tops to Col des Charbonniers

Lunch at le Gresson

Twisty drifty fun down to Oberbruck

Railing a corner on the Molkenrain

Riding past some Alsacien vineyards

Leaving Belacker farm…

…arriving at Gsang farm

Here starts the final descent

MrGreedy

Wow, that looks great! I'm heading to near Colmar in June and you have me seriously wondering about my original road-bike-only plan. Are the trails easy to find for a non-local?

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

Spent a fortnight there a couple of years ago – some great ridding – really like liked the out of (ski) season sleepiness of the place

ash

Wow, that looks great! I'm heading to near Colmar in June and you have me seriously wondering about my original road-bike-only plan. Are the trails easy to find for a non-local?

How long for? if I'm around I'll show you some stuff. If not, I'll give you some pointers.

fergusd

;-), I worked in Belfort (making Eurostars work for Alsthom) for a while, hired bikes and ended up at the top of the Ballon d'Alsace . . . lovely part of France 😉

andytherocketeer

Ohh this is "just down the road". Well quite a decent drive beyond the pfalzerwald from here.

coffeeking
    Free Member

"buff" … WTF?

Nice looking trails though!

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

Saw Le Tour near Mulhouse near there a few years back – thought it looked really good for mountain biking around there. It seems I was right! Now I need to go back there. Within striking distance for a weekend from here as well….

MrGreedy

Ash, will be over for 2 weeks at the end of June – any local info most welcome (email in profile). Are there any decent MTB hire places? Not got room in the car for both bikes unfortunately.

RHSno2
    Free Member

Looks ok I spose…not very dusty though 😉

ir12daveor
    Free Member

Is buff another word for adrenaflow?

Pity about all the rain in the pics. I'd hate to have been there.

ash

Buff? oh come on, you must all have seen The Collective. The bit where they are shredding some sick singletrack based from a cabin, and then one day, they hike into a "whole nother crayzee vaaalley"

Schweiz
    Free Member

Pity about all the rain in the pics. I'd hate to have been there.

Funny that cos the chap with the big grin and the carpet covered helmet looks quite like a chap I know called Dave

ir12daveor
    Free Member

Funny that cos the chap with the big grin and the carpet covered helmet looks quite like a chap I know called Dave

Mistaken identity? 😉

landrylapwing
    Free Member

Not sure those shots aren't from Thetford 😉 Mini-TP reunion?

RHSno2
    Free Member

I wasn't invited 🙁

ir12daveor
    Free Member

I wasn't invited

Are you not the guy with the big grin and the carpet covered helmet? 😉

RHSno2
    Free Member

I do have a carpet covered helmet but more ears than grin

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Vosges: endless buff singletrack :-) …PHOTOS’ is closed to new replies.