Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Vorsprung durch Technik? German cars 'amongst least reliable'
  • razorjack
    Free Member

but that’s true, i bought a bmw 3, because it’s looks so good and it drives perfectly. friends can’t believe how good driving experience can be, even on 8 years old car.
    now i’m selling it, because i need something bigger. however during 6 years of ownership, there were only small faults, but at the end (last autumn), injector failed, because of that i had to replace crankshaft too (any many small things)… 🙁

cakefacesmallblock

Over the past few years ( and with the odd other thing inbetween) I’ve had 3 passats, a golf and 2 transporters .
    The golf was s**t.
    The others just ran and got serviced.

ineedabeer
    Free Member

Over the years I have had numerous vw and audi cars the wife currently has a 3 year old Leon which we bought new. I have also had fords and vauxhalls and to be honest they all have their faults.

I now have a Honda CRV and Im not an old man who drives 15 miles at 22mph, it gets driven, its good on fuel for its size and I can get all the bikes and gear in without a rack, best bit is the privacy glass as tow rags cant see whats in there, however it has its foibles like all other cars the clutches and dmf can cause problems as can egr valves.

A car is just that, they all have problems its just we dont like paying out for repairs, who does! I wonder if there is a reliability survey for bikes and gear?

JulianA
    Free Member

Six VWs, one Skoda, one Audi so far. All very reliable and well put together. No plans to change allegiances.

Except perhaps for an old Merc or Porsche as an extra plaything. Not an old Honda or Nissan, though.

hora
    Free Member

Have we discussed the VW petrol oil thirst yet?

Drac

I now have a Honda CRV and Im not an old man who drives 15 miles at 22mph

Ah a caravaner.

hora
    Free Member

A CRV? That 2WD with occassional ‘AWD’ vehicle? 😉

ineedabeer
    Free Member

Not a caravaner DRAC cant stand the sodding things sooner spend my cash on a nice hotel with service rather than crapping in a plastic bucket in a field!

Your spot on there HORA it just pretends to be a 4×4!

craigxxl
    Free Member

but that’s true, i bought a bmw 3, because it’s looks so good and it drives perfectly. friends can’t believe how good driving experience can be, even on 8 years old car.
    now i’m selling it, because i need something bigger. however during 6 years of ownership, there were only small faults, but at the end (last autumn), injector failed, because of that i had to replace crankshaft too (any many small things)…

Small faults and replace crankshaft shouldn’t be in the same sentence, especially one that is praising the car. Keep your BMW’s if that is what you call reliable.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Vorsprung durch Technik? German cars 'amongst least reliable'’ is closed to new replies.