Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Vorsprung corset/push tuning
  • rockthreegozy
    Free Member

My current 2014 CTD (push tuned) still isn’t performing as good as I would like- I am expecting too much perhaps but I can’t get the small trail chatter vs larger hits (5/6ft?) balance right. Its on a 2014 Bandit and when I last spoke to TFTuned they recommended sticking with the shock and the Push treatment. Its better, but I want more! Before it went away it had the largest volume spacer in there- I need to dig the paperwork out to see if it was removed or not.

I will do some more reading on the Corset as I’m confused as to if its the right solution- will it change the end of the shocks travel? They suggest the need to run a higher pressure.

I will happily chat to TFTuned again just want to get a better understanding of it all!

A few options;

Back to Tftuned to tweak the Push tune.
    Fit a Corset (DIY) but not sure how that will play with the current tune.
    TFTuned fit the Corset and tweak tune (which means it will have had £300 spent on this shock this year..
    A new shock

70-75kg in riding gear.

DaRC_L

I’m v v disappointed after such a clickbait title 😆

poey50
    Free Member

I fitted the EVOL sleeve to my 2014 CTD shock. Everything I would want to say about it is covered in this review:

http://ambmag.com.au/santa-cruz-5010-c-the-fox-evol-upgrade/

chrishc777
    Free Member

My Covert had a 2014 CTD, I messed about with it and it was still as you describe, harsh over small chatter or blowing through its travel, sometimes both. Bought a CCDB, problem solved!

alexh
    Free Member

Bandit has a progressive/regressive leverage rate much like my Bronson.

I too had the largest volume spacer to stop it blowing travel and attempting to make it supple in the initial third.

I’m very happy with my corset, took some time to get right and I’ve come down 4 spacer sizes and upped the pressure about 30% I think. Very nice initial breakaway, firm in mid stroke and feels bottomless at the end of travel.

rickon
    Free Member

Corset made a huge difference on my five29. You need higher pressures as there’s more negative air. So, its got far more small bump compliance, has better mid stroke support, and doesn’t bottom out as easy.

Great upgrade to do.

poey50
    Free Member

I’m surprised no one else piped up who had fitted the Fox Evol sleeve …

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Vorsprung corset/push tuning’ is closed to new replies.