Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Vorsprung Corset or Fox Evol for my Float X
  • P-Jay
    Free Member

As above really, I’ve got a Float X CTD Shock, it’s about 18 months old now and is due a service. It’s got the standard can as it predates Evol.

It’s been a great shock really, started life on my Cove G-Spot and by luck was also the right size for my Tracer 275. The CTD is far more effective than the old ProPedal but you can always improve on great.

As I understand it, they pretty much do the same thing, Fox copied Vorsprung or at least they beat them to the punch. the Fox is £20 cheaper than the Vosprung (I want Black, not Gold) but I’ve just fitted a Luftkapple to my forks which I’m very happy with.

It’ll be fitted as part of a service so no difference there.

Any opinions?

poah
    Free Member

The corset had a larger negative air spring which will have an effect on the pressure you’ll need. Also depending on the bike one sleeve may suit it better.

Onzadog
    Free Member

What are you trying to achieve with the shock?

P-Jay
    Free Member

@Onzadog

Honestly? Extra coolness.

I suppose the age old goal – floating like a magic carpet over fast rocky bits whilst at the same time not bottoming out on drops and jumps, almost zero bob when peddling out of corners and great pop coming off booters and jumps.

It does it very well now, but if I can buy more of everything for £60-£80 I will.

kimbers

I’ve just lufftkapped my Pikes and quite impressed.

So I stuck an evol can on my air dhx.

It’s weird !

30% sag required a lot more psi than before.

Definitely plusher , but more bob on climbs. Needed more LSC and rebound

My shock is an avalanche modified one and well overdue a service so i sent it to sprung suspension, it’s coming back tomorrow and I’ve got an uplift booked for Sunday, so I’ll have a proper play around with it then

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Vorsprung Corset or Fox Evol for my Float X’ is closed to new replies.