Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • VOR – Nearly Over
  • tankslapper
    Free Member

Time to print your certificates showing that you have been glued to your computer since last October!!!!

‘Since we started in Alicante back in October 2008, it seems lightyears ago, the game has attracted 220.000 virtual Volvo open 70’s. Together we’ve spent a whopping 41.811.480 hours in the game (that’s over 4700 years!). Our players come from over 180 countries, including countries that don’t even have any places where you can actually sail a real boat. Over 55% of our players are real sailors as well which makes the game the largest sailing community ever.’

And I say NEVER AGAIN!

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

aye. slipped way down the rankings since the racing season started and i’m not near ther PC as much so my boat sails with the ghost fleet for ages.

i was top 2000 at one stage NY to Ireland then went away for 3 days and came back to see i was somewhere north of scotland

tankslapper
    Free Member

Know what you mean – I’ve spent too much time at it already – the guys who were at the top must have worked shifts on it sometimes! Finished just inside the top 10,000 so some sort of result.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

It’s not been that long, has it????

Problem is, that you need to be able to check things every hour or so, which is just not possible. I spose that’s why some people spent money on the ‘Pro Options’. Autopilot and stuff. I still find those with enough time needed to be able to seriously compete, disturbing. Do they never sleep??

Leave it for a day or so, come back, and you’ve crashed into something, and lost tens of thousands of places!

Bit of fun, though. Too many errors, and forgetting about it for days on end, meant I’m 17,000 and something.

What a complete and utter waste of time. I admit I got quite bored with it after 2 or 3 legs. As for the Virtual Vendee thing; my boat is probbly lodged in the South pole or somewhere. I gave up on that after about 3 days.

richpips
    Free Member

I gave up on it a long time ago. A game with potential, but there’s much better out there.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I’m still going OK, but will be glad when it’s over. Think I might need another fix of it over next winter though. I guess something will come along.

Pook

yup – gave up on the brazil to china stage. Just got bored with one degree change losing you 10,0000 places. And buying more stuff? Don’t make me laugh.

Too glitchy, needed too much sacrifice in life. More bike riding for me thanks!

tankslapper
    Free Member

I bought the extra gear for £15 (went to the save the albatross fund). Good vibes aside it was useful, but when faced with lots of small islands then you would have had to sit permanently on the computer as you could only dial in a single way point at a time. That’s why I guess the guy who won must have spent 24/7 at it – frankly lifes to short!

That said as a global participation model based on a live event I think it has real possibilities

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘VOR – Nearly Over’ is closed to new replies.