Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Voodoo Zobop -Any experience?
  • ThePinkster

Has anyone riden or even seen the current Voodoo Zobop that Halfords aledgedly sell?

I like the look of them and they appear very good VFM but have yet to find one in stock anywhere and am a bit loathed to throw that sort of money at something I’ve not seen in the flesh.

If anyone can tell me where I may be able to sit on one or give me a heads up on what they’re like to ride I’d really appreciate it as reviews are few &far between.

Cheers.

ThePinkster

Thought I’d bump this one up to catch the weekday slackers. 😉

Just in case……

spawnofyorkshire

sorry I’ve no experience with the voodoo, I did recently buy a boardman from halfords and they rang around to find stock for me. They should be able to get one in for you to have a look at, they’ll take all your contact details etc. and possibly credit card details, but it’s not a commitment on your part to buy.
    Do not trust them to set it up though, however friendly and helpful the staff are, it’s just not the same as the service from an lbs

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ThePinkster

Cheers Spawn, I had a feeling that might be the only way I’d get to see one in the flesh.

Certainly wouldn’t trust them to set it up for me, although most of the guys in my local Halfrauds/BikeHut are actually pretty competant and actually know their stuff.

Getting a bike from anywhere is a bit like packing your own parachute to me. 😉

evillittlegoat
    Free Member

There werent many in the system when I got mine about 6 weeks ago. Rides great although I havent had much time on it yet. An hour or so tweaking pressures on the trails and I had a setup I was very happy with. Shock tune seems spot on for my weight, about 170lbs.

Wire bead super tacky Minions front and rear make it hard work on the flats and ups. Super tacky in the rear is a mental spec choice IMO. Changed the rear tyre to a folding maxxpro. Also swapped the bars and stem to 800mm/60mm and the brakes to SLX. I have the 19″, the top tube is a bit high but it hasnt been a problem so far. Perfect length for me @ 6 foot. Fork is Dual Air which wasnt clear from the description but a nice bonus. Cassette is XT 11-34. No-name hubs.

Also came with a second set of linkage plates with bearings installed that let you drop rear travel to 137mm. I’ll prob never use them but was a nice surprise.

bobzilla2
    Free Member

Query – why did you replace the brakes with SLX ones? It comes with XT as standard.

acidchunks

Pretty sure the Zobop comes with Elixir Rs…

deviant
    Free Member

Great bike and ridiculously good spec for the money, they were £1500 when i was bike shopping in January….they are now £1299!

DW link suspension, SLX and XT components, 150mm Revs as standard….what’s not to like?….the angles were considered slack a few years ago but are spot on now, never seen one in the wild….they are not cool being sold by Halfords, i had to ask for one to be sent to my local store to have a sit on….it came down to a Zobop or an Ariel for me, went for the Saracen (despite a lesser spec) as i wanted the ease of maintenance from a single pivot design instead.

ThePinkster

Cheers folks, getting very tempted now.

I’m going to swap most of the componentry over from my ID5 anyway so not too concerned about the wheels & stuff.

Probably a daft Q but what size seatpost does it take?

evillittlegoat
    Free Member

It does come with Elixir Rs, I just dont get on with them. Drivetrain is all XT apart from the chainset which is a non-series jobbie. Slightly above Deore Id say, it has a composite middle ring anyway. Amazingly crap paint on the cranks.

Seatpost is 30.9. It has cable routing for a dropper post too.

ThePinkster

Cheers.

Looks like i’d need to get myself a new dropper in that case – my current one is 31.6.

bobzilla2
    Free Member

Quite right, it does come with elixir r brakes. Is it light enough for xc? Not serious stuff, but the Surrey/ Hampshire hills and forests? I’m hoping that around Christmas or slightly after it will be down to 1,000 – cycle to work scheme only goes that high. If not, its one of the boardmans. The canzo distant cut it against the team fs.

evillittlegoat
    Free Member

32.4 lbs according to the bathroom scale, with the changes mentioned above. Pretty hefty. A good set of wheels and some lighter tyres would definitely chop some weight off.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Voodoo Zobop -Any experience?’ is closed to new replies.