Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Voodoo sizing, failures
  • soma_rich
    Free Member

I like this Canzo frame over in the classifieds. Do you think an 18" Voodoo will be similar in geometry to an 18" Kona?

Do I remember a lot of broken Voodoo full sussers not so long ago? Were they Canzos?

letmetalktomark

Hi Fella,

I own one of the new Canzo's here >>

Excuse the poor picture 🙄

Mine is a 20'' and I'm about 6'3'' and running a 100mm stem at the moment. My understanding is that the sizes are pretty similar to the Kona range as its more akin to my 20'' Kona than my 19'' 😆

With regards to failures these were hardtail related. If you search on here I asked a similar question a while back and a chap from Sideways cycles clarified this.

I have complete confidence in mine. I weigh 100kg and ride reasonably hard…but I guess any frame can break.

I'll have a look for that thread…..

letmetalktomark
    soma_rich
    Free Member

letmetalktomark cheers i'm 6"1 and used to ride an 18" Coiler with a reasonable amount of seatpost. I suppose the Canzo's much more XC really and so am I to be honest:)

What shock has yours got? Can't see pics here. How long have you had it? What forks do you run?

SidewaysTim

They don't break any more or less than any other frames really – so don't let that put you off. If it's used you've got no warranty, so get it bought and enjoy it.

18" Voodoo are very similar in size to 18" Kona.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Tim cheers. I dont know why but I thought they had a bade spate of failures.

Think I will get it…

letmetalktomark

Rich,

Mine uses a RS MC3.3 rear shock (lockout, motion control etc) and my forks are RS Recon 351 both 130mm travel.

I have had mine since the start of September having bought it NOS. I think mine is a 2007/8 model.

Anymore info just ask.

The brand has a good name behind them, they just aren't all that well known over here.

ampthill

Having seen the price of a new one at Halfords I was very tempted

Vodoo Canzo

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

My 18" Sobo is v v similar in geo and size/reach etc to 18" Konas I've had in the past.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Voodoo sizing, failures’ is closed to new replies.