Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Voodoo Hoodoo frame – any good
  • Woody
    Free Member

Thinking of building up one of these as a cheap’ish runaround.

Anyone have one and if so what’s good/bad and any pics?

Cheers

cinnamon_girl

Funny that, I was looking at this a little earlier. Certainly other Voodoo owners have been pleased with theirs but don’t think any of them have a Hoodoo. Does seem a good price.

tazzymtb

hoodoo’s are top banana, older versions were steel newer ones are ally. All voodoo’s handle brilliantly (I’ve got 2, a hoodoo and a scandium sobo) and you don’t see many of them of about. The only downside is that the lovely paint jobs can be a bit fragile (something to do with water based eco paints rather than high solvent coatings, apparently,) just use copter tape in the delicate bits and no probs.

they’re a joe murray design so if you like the oldschool kona singletrack rocket feel you’ll love them.

cinnamon_girl

Thanks for that. So geometry wise how do they work out?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

It really winds me up when they don’t quote weights, not even an approx. Even the Sobo, their supposed super lightweight XC frame FFS (take their word on it as they don’t quote it’s weight), presumably that’s the no1 question on the list of the target market for that frame. How are you supposed to make an informed decision when one of the key bits of info is missing. rant over

Woody
    Free Member

Thanks for that. I was hoping they would be very similar to old Konas as my build was going to be rigid and light with a view to s/s in the winter.
    The Erzulie seems nice but they don’t have that on Sideways website so I’m not sure if they are imported here and as commented above, it would be good to have some weights.

Maybe Tim will respond ???

theflatboy
    Free Member

you remind me of a man

Woody
    Free Member

you remind me of a man

??

Also would like to know how good tyre clearance is as I’ve some 2.4 DMR’s earmarked?

Merlinman

Maybe Tim will respond ???

01270 883785 – he can be quite nice:)

tazzymtb

17″ hoodoo 3.4lbs (aluminuim)

18″ sobo scandium 2.75lbs frame

best place for frame weights if you cant’t weigh ’em yourself and the makers don’t give the info is weight weenies on t’interweb (it’s my secret shame)

Woody
    Free Member

01270 883785 – he can be quite nice:)

I know Rob but I tried to phone him on Wednesday……doh….. and to be honest I’m undecided whether to buy it or get an old frame resprayed and I knew if I actually spoke to him the credit card would come out 🙂

Woody
    Free Member
    Hairychested
    Free Member

I thonk I saw one of them at Halfords in Ivybridge (Twickenham-ish) on offer down to £399 from £750. Looked pretty, esp. for the price.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Voodoo Hoodoo frame – any good’ is closed to new replies.