Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Voodoo D-Jab (the Ti one) experiences?
  • RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

I’m thinking quite seriously about the D-Jab on cycle to work scheme .

It seems absolutely stunning value compared to even similar priced steel bikes!

Anyone got one? What’s it like ?

Ta

SidewaysTim

They’re great – not had any problems with them (apart from one curious case of a man who thought the angles were wrong, but the guy who had the frame after him loved it!).

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Isn’t it a Joe Murray design – so the angles are likely to be all right I would have thought.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    SidewaysTim

They are, we just had one bloke who didn’t like it and decided it was built wrong. Customer is always right and all that…

Maltloaf

I’ve got one and it’s great. I have a 140mm float on the front and find the front end a bit light going up steep hills, but this is more than made up for going back down. The stock wheels from my 08 one were pants, but it bad some nice kit on it such as a carbon seat post and xt bits.

I would recommend it.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Well I did have a Voodoo Wanga (it got nicked) which I imagine is similar geometry.

I’m just not sure if I’m a subtle enough rider to feel the Ti difference?!

binners

I also had a Wanga and it was bloody brilliant. An absolute joy on singletrack, but capable on pretty much anything Really.

Get one! You know you want too

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Ok , so sell titanium to me!

Is it really worth £600 over the steel wanga?

BigJohn

If you want a titanium bike, it’s a great bike (according to my mate Pete who traded in his Wanga for, I think, the very D-Jab uncle Tim’s on about). If you just want a great bike, what made you think of titanium?

Xylene
    Free Member

Voodoo are so good that if you email Voodoo themselves, Joe Murray will reply with info about the frames.

Try that with GT

tazzymtb

it’s a lovely bike, but then voodoo’s have that old school joe murray singletrack rocket feel to them. I found 120mm for general twatting about was spot on for the fork, with 140 for “special occasions” 😀

flattyre
    Free Member

I have a d-jab and I would echo the good comments above – the ride quality/feel is amazing. I find the bottom bracket very high with a 140mm fork though. I think I would get used to it if it was my only bike but it feels a bit awkward to me if I haven’t ridden it if for a while, especially on slow technical stuff.

The weight isn’t that light for a titanium frame. Also, I’ve had problems getting dropouts to stay put but that could just be me. The adjustable dropouts are handy for single speed (until you discover half-links anyway). I changed a lot of the bits but would agree that the only things that really need to be changed are the wheels

I have a wanga too and it also has amazing ride quality (similar feel to cotic soul maybe). Not as adaptable as d-jab though as I don’t think it would take kindly to a 140mm fork.

On the difference in feel between d-jab and wanga (and in my experience titanium verses steel in general) – I would say titanium has the ‘comfort’ of steel but is much more responsive when you pedal. On ‘comfort’ though I think carbon seat posts and tubeless tyres are cheaper solutions…

On emailing voodoo – I’ve tried it a few times and am yet to get a reply…..

eviljoe
    Free Member

Loved my Voodoo Canzo ti

Loving my Voodoo Bizango (now I’ve had it bent back into shape 🙂 🙂 )

LUSTING after a D- Jab. Anyone got a large one to sell? Though I can’t think why you would want to!

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

I had issues with the slidey dropouts on my wanga too..

I did love my wanga too but it was a little twitchy . As for the bigger fork on the D-Jab I think I’d be ok – my other bike is an Intense Tracer VP with big forks (and most of my riding is ****ting into big rocks in the peaks)

Houns

I love my D-Jab. I won’t comment further in case i get accused of bias.

Get one

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Oh and I wasn’t really looking for a Ti bike but looking at what steel hardtails I could get from halfords it stuck out as stunning value!

flattyre
    Free Member

I’m fine with a bigger fork too – it’s just that it makes the d-jab really tall. I’ve ridden mine once in the peaks and thought it was spot on there.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

yep, don’t compare it to the Wanga geometry.

I like my Wanga, very comfy, but only used it as a guest bike this year after building up my Turner Flux with the frame Tim sold me last year (with Mag/Ti Phil Wood BB).

I would imagine the Bizango is good as well if you can get one – the steel on my Wanga isn’t as refined as my old Explosif but the Bizango steel is similair. I think the D-Jab has a different target audience…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Voodoo D-Jab (the Ti one) experiences?’ is closed to new replies.