Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Voodoo Bikes
  • Pigface
    Free Member

A long time ago they were considered cool then they went to Halfrauds and went all wrong then they just vanished.

What are they like now?

BadlyWiredDog

How did they go ‘all wrong’?

binners

I owned one at the time Halfords started selling them. Can you imagine my horror? Frankly I was mortified.

Mortified that I’d paid over the odds for something that was exactly the same as the one in the car place down the road, and now selling for half the price

They’re Joe Murry designed frames, well built and decent specs for the money. Whats not to like?

willyboy
    Free Member

Voodoo Marasa
    I’ve just bought a Marasa for commuting and a bit of light touring. Its been out twice so far and rides pretty nicely. I did strip it and rebuild it before riding it – the bottom bracket had been fitted dry, which wasn’t great.

Other than that it rides well (it’s much quicker than my old rigid steel kona cindercone with slicks on).

clydebuilt
    Free Member

I had a Canzo, rode great, better than many of the more “boutique” fs frames I’ve had…

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Why did they go wrong at Halfords and when did they vanish? Or do you mean vanishing from the brand snob list?

Northwind

It’s hard to tell the difference between a troll and a genuine muppet sometimes isn’t it.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Halford did get the exclusive on Voodoo and then promptly didn’t stock them at many stores, which was a bit of a downer.

RustyMac

I really like the looks of the 2 new full sus Voodoo bikes, they seem to have a solid spec and simple but effective look to them. If Halfords can make them as popular as the bordman bikes then i think they should have a good future.

Angry-pirate
    Free Member

the wanga is a decent specced hardcore hardtail for under a grand, better specced than some bikes that are over 500 pounds dearer. the zobop is also a class bike for 1600.

h4muf
    Free Member

I’ve a two year old bantu,great bike for the money although for this year it’s been down specced beyond belief.

Pigface
    Free Member

Not trolling and everyone is a muppet sometimes just wondered what people thought of them.

Northwind

Then ask, don’t start in with “halfrauds” and “all went wrong” and especially not “vanished” since they’re more popular now than ever and constantly winning mag tests to boot.

andyl
    Free Member

They had the Ti one with Sram X0 kit and rev forks with maxle for under £1k in my local halfords last month.

Shame it was only 18″ or 20″ or I would have had one.

Pigface
    Free Member

I see my problem now dont read enough comics 🙄

Bagstard
    Free Member

Just got my hoodoo 29er last week for commuting duties and I’m loving it! Although I have changed the saddle, post, bar, stem, grips and pedals from nice bits from my shed. Nothing wrong with what was on there, but I wanted wider bars etc and already had them. The forks are pretty low budget, but the remote lockout is great for the terrain I cover, from roads to rough cycle paths and woody singletrack.

iain1775
    Free Member

My ’96 steel voodoo is still the best bike I’ve owned and still gets taken out regular
    If I needed a new bike I would have no second thoughts about getting a voodoo excellent value for money and at that level no problem with halfords as if needed I would strip down and rebuild it. Where I do have issues with halfords is when people with no bike experience get talked into buying badly set up junk
    But these days better that than they get an off the shelf boxed bike from the supermarket
    Have to say though my local halfords is probably better stocked priced and has more experience working there than one of my LBS’s

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Had an early bantu as my first “proper” hardtail (after I trashed my ancient saracen) back in ’95.
    Now got a D-Jab with a Rohloff. mmm… bargain ti loveliness. 🙂

emaroid
    Free Member

Hi bandito, any chance i could see some pics of your d-jab rohloff. What axle plate did you use as I’m thinkin of a rohloff as just bought bone_idles djab.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Voodoo Bikes’ is closed to new replies.