• This topic has 57 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by FOG.
Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Vomiting & diarrhoea
  • tjagain

The worst bit about having it for me was not being sure which end to point at the khazi

When noro gets into a care environment its almost impossible for the staff not to get it as we have to clean up the mess from either end of the patients. When you are holding a bowl for someone to chuck up into and they have confirmed noro all you can do is stand there and think “darn it”

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

You need to sit on the loo and drac the vomit reflex

bodgy
    Free Member

not being sure which end to point at the khazi

I hate that uncertainty.

Kneel in the bath. Job done.

Cougar

I lost 7lbs in 3 days

I can beat that. I was diagnosed with glandular fever, similar symptoms. I lost two stone in a week (from 11 to 9, didn’t have a lot of stones to start with).

The worst bit about having it for me was not being sure which end to point at the khazi

That same bout, I gave thanks that my bog is diametrically opposite the sink. I could alternate between the two by rocking forwards.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

shi*ting myself to death in a cold bath full of vomit.

Some people pay good money for that…

juanghia
    Free Member

Tubgirl?

not being sure which end to point at the khazi

An old friend once chose to shit in the bin and puke in the toilet..poor choice.

qwerty
    Free Member

I managed to vomit a wad of couscous and lodge it in my nasopharynx, no amount of snorting water direct from the tap would budge it. Every so often a piece of it would fall back into my mouth. Never eaten couscous since.

Radioman

Horrible tales! Get well soon ! I recall many years ago being on an all inclusive sports holiday in Sardinia. The food was kept warm in an amateurish way and there were many flies around from some local wate tip. Most of the guests in the hotel went down with vomiting and diahhrea. Which lasted for most of our weeks holiday 🙁 When we got home my daughter continued to be ill and after tests at the local doc it was found to be salmonella. One of the most miserable weeks ever!

nickhit3
    Free Member

shi*ting myself to death in a cold bath full of vomit.

PM me, cheers.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Wonderful tales!

How is the patient today? How is the bathtub? I imagine it has taken a real beating these past 48 hrs?

jekkyl

things are better today thanks. I slept most of Wednesday and a lot of today. The vomiting has abated & no squits since 8am this morning. 😕 just had some soup. will probably have tomorrow off work just to be sure 😉

orangeboy
    Free Member

Think it’s best to wait at least 48 hr after you stop being ill before going near other people

tjagain

48 hours clear of any symptoms before you go back to work.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

good to hear all is well and fingers crossed you keep the soup inside you and not in the bath/toilet/bin

anagallis_arvensis

Got norosvirus whilst in Sennan Cornwall forvthe mrs burthday. 2 year old got it, I got it, she got it. The boy shrugged it off pretty quick. Ended up having to buy all the imodium in Cornwall and shove a cork up me ass before driving home as fast as I could!!

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ADrfP4EHV8[/video]

When we got home my daughter continued to be ill and after tests at the local doc it was found to be salmonella. One of the most miserable weeks ever!

This is what loperamide is for….consequences be damned until the hols over….

tjagain

Apart from the fact you can make yourself incredibly ill by not getting rid of the toxins! fine for having a safe flight, not for taking for days on end

FOG

just had this but in two separate episodes. One Saturday night got gripes in stomach leading to rear ending violently in the middle of the night – didn’t manage the event I had entered next day, but felt better quickly.
    Ten days later I have an exact action replay except it was a double ender and it took me a few days before I felt better.The other half put the fear of god into me by suggesting it was the beginning of IBS! Hopefully not

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Vomiting & diarrhoea’ is closed to new replies.