Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Volvo V70 T5
  • backhander
    Free Member

Just about to push the button on a 2000 volvo v70 T5.
    Anyone have any experiences of these? any reason to look at something else? I know that I wont get massive fuel consumption out of it, but it's massive, quick, cheap and comfortable. I can't seem to get an equivalent Mondeo etc for ~£2.5K. Thanks.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Prepare to be close friends with your local tyre supplier!

Great cars, though, if you can get a well looked after example.

CHB

great cars, but as flash said, they eat front tyres.

runswithscissors

as above, great cars, v fast and tons of room in them.

backhander
    Free Member

Thanks very much!
    I shall just go and get it then. Easy.

CHB

Give us some more detail? Age, colour? Price? Leather heated seats? Milage etc etc.

backhander
    Free Member

2000, blue, 118K, leather heated, auto, all usuals.
    wanted the rear spoiler really and the boot seats would have been handy but not essential. all elecs work, very clean just a nice simple car for me to ruin! Has a "W" by the gear lever (winter??) and another switch to the right of the lever??
    I just intend to cahnge the radio so that i can plug the Ipod in.

steveh

The police run lots of these and tend to get rid at around 140k as that's when they seem to have discovered things start to deteriorate/start breaking.

Marmoset
    Free Member

Check this forum out – very handy when I've needed to know something about my V50.

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/

backhander
    Free Member

Durability is not really an issue with these, you see them for sale with 250K +. My half brother was a cheif mech for volvo and tells me they last, really wanted some real owners experiences of them. The police cars are well known to be abused.

CHB

Sounds nice. I have a 2.0CD V40 (1998) with 156,000 on the clock.
    If you change the oil regularly for good synthetic stuff then the car will look after you.
    Promised myself (and the family) an XC90 when the V40 eventually dies, but that might be some time!

mefty
    Free Member

I have had one for eight years they are great cars.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Volvo V70 T5’ is closed to new replies.