Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Volvo V70 DriveE,any thoughts?
  • andy8442
    Free Member

In my search to find a big, but economical estate car I’ve recently test driven a V70 D2/DriveE. And it was………alright! My big concern is its only a 1.6 diesel in a 1.7 ton car, but as i say it was fine around town, just me and the saleman aboard. Now does anyone have real life experiences of this car, in particular bombing down the motorway fully ladened. What real mpg do you get?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I’ve had a few V70’s and the smallest engine I had is the 2.0. This easy gave 50mpg, but I’m happy to cruise at 70mph and let the wideboys whiz past me.

The smaller engined cars will be fine when cruising, but you’ll feel the lack of poke when accellerating IMHO.

You’ll feel the benefit when you come to tax it, though.

And motorcyclists will hate you; do you give a toss about that?

Coyote
    Free Member

I’ve got a V50 DrivE. Like it a lot. 1.6 engine but seems to do OK.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

I rented one in Sweden a few weeks ago, V70 D2 automatic.

I was doing lots of motorway and A road miles over a couple of days, and I quite liked it. Was comfy and well equipped, and although it didn’t set the world on fire, I thought it was OK on the motorway. I’m coming from a 200bhp diesel to give you some idea of what I’m used to. Just me plus luggage, so no load really.

It was incredibly economical though – I did around 1000km and it still said I had 1/3 of a tank left. I do drive like a granny though.

Bizarrely, the fuel cap fell off as I was filling it up; the Hertz guy told me that they all do that.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Today I taxed and filled up my 2.5T Polestar V70. £100 on one and £460 on the other and I’m getting about 30 mpg on a motorway cruise. 😯

On the other hand it kept pace with a full bore Honda S2000 on the Capel bypass the other day, much to the confusion of the Honda driver. 😀

I love mine but its no Drive. it is however very comfy, very safe and I personally love the way it looks. Servicing costs on the V70 are also high as are parts. I just replaced the pads and discs and that alone cost £490.

andy8442
    Free Member

Thanks all.

Just been reading the thread about BMW 335D. We get all sorts on here!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Volvo V70 DriveE,any thoughts?’ is closed to new replies.