Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • volvo V70 D5..
  • MartynS

anyone on here got one??
    might be thinking about changing the car soon(ish) Have a Saab 95 which I like, wouldn't get one now though.. the ones I can afford have the HORRID chrome headlight surrounds. So I do like a big Swede (!) and volvos seem to be quite keenly priced.
    Whats to look out for? servicing costs, what are the big things to go, stuff like that.
    I'm going to have a nose around some volvo forums as well, but any experience is good!

ta

aP
    Free Member

When will they start calling them Beauty Leopard?

MartynS

on Tuesday…
    next

Ed2001
    Free Member

I've got a volvo v70 I've had it for 4 years virtually from new and spent nothing on it apart from servicing, front pads and tyres. Everything still works ,feels and looks ( when I remember to clean it)just as it did when I first got it.
    My only grumble would be main dealer service costs ( BEWARE they are bandits!) I have now found a local independent volvo garage which is far far cheaper and gives a much better service.
    I should add I have very little interest in cars (performance, bhp, high speed handling etc) I am more intersted in comfort safety and reliability.

takisawa2

I'd like one, & the wife is slowly coming round to it.
    The thing that impresses me is that seemingly every police force in the country has a them as traffic police cars, & thats probably not because they look nice in white.
    Isnt the engine an Audi engine ?

br
    Free Member

The thing that impresses me is that seemingly every police force in the country has a them as traffic police cars, & thats probably not because they look nice in white.

Probably more to do with Volvo's sales 'offer' than anything else – I mean, since when was the public sector known for its great procurement deals?

CHB

The D5 ia an excellent engine. I have one in my XC90,they go on for ever, proper volvo engineering.
    My mate has an 09 reg 2.0 V70. Fantastic car though not the best engine (the bloke at volvo dealer in leeds told me the current 2.0l engine is a ford unit!!! yet more reason to go for a D5.).
    In our house we are huge fans of volvos. I maintain my own cars and the quality of all the bits you don't see is fantastic compared with ford/GM/french.

If you are on the volvo forum say hello, I have the same user name onthere.
    See me on the V40 and XC90 forum.

ross980
    Free Member

Isnt the engine an Audi engine ?

No – just Volvo.

bigbob38
    Free Member

I got a new v70 r-design last june… the 2.0 diesel 136hp… really superb car, space, quality etc… the engine is cr*p though… mpg = 40….no matter what you do – and in this include filling it with 5 people, 5 bikes on the roof, loads of stuff till it's bulging at the seems and sticking a large trailer tent behind it…. and when it takes me solo on the motorway – yep it still gives 40mpg

I used to have a Toyota avensis estate – 2.2 170hp top of the range thing… brill engine (55mpg with just me on a run) but when loaded the mpg dropped through the floor and it sat down 😯 due to soft suspension….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘volvo V70 D5..’ is closed to new replies.