• This topic has 16 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by atlaz.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Volvo V60 – Thoughts?
  • longmover
    Free Member

Does anyone have a Volvo V60? What do you think of it?

I am thinking of getting one which is 2-4 years old as a family car. I am fairly tall and would like to have a bit of room for passengers behind me when I am driving, considering a D5 engine.

EDIT: wrong forum can it be moved please

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Had one as a courtesy car a while ago. Very nice interior, excellent seats as per, but hardly an exciting drive, but that’s not why you’d buy one!

Criticism? Boot wasn’t big enough for bike use. Overall, I’d suggest looking at a V70 instead if space is an issue.

jambalaya
    Free Member

XC versions seem well liked on here, I priced one up years ago and bought a much cheaper A6 Quattro instead.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Bloke over the road from us has one.

All the door handles literally cracked in half just out of warranty, Volvo didn’t want to know.

Other than that he likes it, he just says its a bit dull compared to the BMW’s he used to drive.

longmover
    Free Member

Bikes will go on the roof so that isn’t an issue, the V70 will probably be to big. They look good value second hand compared to BMW and Audis. It mainly needs to cover miles in comfort when we go away to see family.

jonnyrobertson

I love mine. Great seats for long distances, lovely quality interior but it’s not the roomiest. OK if your passengers aren’t particularly leggy but there are roomier cars about. Not the cheapest for parts/servicing but mine has been faultless to date.
    As an aside I had to use Volvo roadside assistance (free if you get your car serviced by Volvo) after clobbered some debris on the road and knackering my wheel. The service was superb, even if it did have me cursing the tyre weld kit in the boot as opposed to a spare wheel. We’d popped away for a weekend jaunt and they did all they could to make sure we could still enjoy it.

igm

Get the Mondeo it’s based on.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I had the V40 R-design as a company car.

Loved that, so can only go off that, but if the V60 is anything like?- I’d buy one tomorrow.

oldschool

Had one as a company car for three years, goes back next week with near 90K on the clock. It’s the D4 business model, been great to be honest. Comfortable, nice place to sit and been reliable. Been in for one warranty claim when a electric window switch stopped working, apart from that just servicing. Fitted a towbar and used it for towing and bike rack, neither have been an issue. I’ve averaged 45mpg and don’t drive like miss daisy, a lot of motorway miles, but my commute covers 10 miles each way of country lanes also.
    I’d recommend one, so long as you accept the load space isn’t in V70 territory.

longmover
    Free Member

Sounds good and will suit my needs perfectly. Thanks.

flimbo
    Free Member

I had the V60 R-Design up until June and absolutely loved it.

Granted, there may be cars with bigger boots, but this was ample for me. No problems for a weekend away with four of us in the car, four bikes on the roof and all the accompanying gear in the boot. It was also big enough to carry four of us to the Lake District with gear for a weekend of wild camping.

Seven hour drives from Fort William were no problem either.

I’d not hesitate in getting another.

Flaperon

What Flimbo said ^^

I have the 190hp R-Design, quick enough for me and zero effort to knock the seats down and sling a bike in the back. Infotainment a bit dated but talks to my iPod and supports Bluetooth streaming so not all bad. TFT instrument cluster very effective.

Driver Support Pack essential addition if you do any long distance driving.

Ben_H

I had a D5 SE Lux in 2012-14 and thought it was great.

I especially loved the 5-pot engine and fab interior (tan leather and in-built booster seats for kids).

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

I’ve had about 20 of them through work for long term mileage accumulation type stuff. Probably same again S60 and XC60. (And a few of the new CC versions)

Pretty much every spec combination from drivE through to T6 Polestar.

Ended up opting for one on the company car scheme (2.4 Momentum). Then got another one (D4 business). Probably get a V90 next time, or the new XC60.
    A 4 year old one will have the older entertainment stuff which was a bit off, unless you get the top, or near top of the line. 2 year old will be into the new stuff (which is a lot better).
    All of them will have the old engines. Aim for a 5 cylinder. The 4s are a bit uninspiring. The new 4s are far and away better. But you’ll struggle to get one that’s 2 years old, they started being phased in ~18 months ago IIRC. Not sure what else is baked into the UK spec cars as I’ve not driven one for 3 years!

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

And 4 handles failing at the same time is very odd. Rears and fronts came from different suppliers until two or so years ago. Also made with different structures inside. I very much doubt Volvo even heard about it. As they’d have been very interested in something that unlikely happening. More likely the dealers just fobbed them off.

russyh
    Free Member

I had one as my previous company car a D4 R design. Great looking car and was pretty quick. I stupidly upgraded the wheels to 19″ versions. It was bloody uncomfortable and the wheels and tyres were such a low profile I smashed all the wheels to bits. It also made the car massively uncomfortable to drive. Other than that it was a great car, like others has said not the biggest for interior space. But a good size boot.

atlaz
    Free Member

Had one for 3 years. Good car, couldn’t fault it. Wasn’t as nippy as the 156 SW it replaced but it was a lot more comfortable.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Volvo V60 – Thoughts?’ is closed to new replies.