Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Volvo V60 Summum – tell me about it
  • atlaz
    Free Member

I’ve been asked if I’d “mind” swapping my company car (currently a 159SW Ti) for a V60 Summum that’s available. They’re roughly the same age so is the V60 “better”? I know it’s subjective but I’m more interested in size/efficiency.

atlaz
    Free Member

Bit of a bump

Sui
    Free Member

From the aspect of a more useable car go Volvo, might be a little dull but good. Last 159 I had was a few years ago and it was nice, but didn’t feel practical and was not comfy on long drives, Volvo in comparison feels much more relaxed…. depends what you want I suppose, bit of fun, or comfy and practical?

MrNutt
    Free Member

haha Volvo Slummum, does it come with a tracksuit, tramp stamp and absent father?

mmannerr

Volvo is certainly duller but would be preferred option for long drives due better seats and driving comfort. For city not as good choice as it is not very nimble for the size. Summum is a spec level (2nd best), what are engine size is more interesting question…

br
    Free Member

does it cost more in tax, if so ask for extra cash

atlaz
    Free Member

mmanner – It’s the 163bhp diesel. My alfa is a bit over that

br – tax equalisation is guaranteed. I’m still not sure what we get out of it given my car is paid for fully rather than leased but that’s not my concern.

mmannerr

Alfa would probably feel more sporty even bhp’s would be matched. I don’t have efficiency numbers for either but what I recall from my brother-in-laws 159 consumption was way above mfgr’s quoted numbers (even when driven fairly sensibly)

Your pick, I’d decide only after good test drive.

johnellison
    Free Member

Volvo diesels are generally Audi motors. Not a big fan of the current crop (I prefer pre-Ford Volvos) but for long-distance driving comfort and reliability you’ll go a long way before you’ll find anything to better it. Perhaps not as practical space-wise as a V70 but a good car nonetheless.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Volvo V60 Summum – tell me about it’ is closed to new replies.