Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Volvo V60 Fuel Consumption
  • wombat

Does anyone on here have a Volvo V60?

If so, what sort of fuel consumption do you get?

I’m looking at the 2.0 190 diesel as a potential new (to me) vehicle.
    According to the book it’s around 70 mpg but there’s absolutely no way that I believe that

AD

My D4 (2014 so 181HP apparently) reliably gives 45 mpg local running and on long runs (Cumbria to Woking) it’ll get up to 57mpg (driving at indicated 75mph ish where possible).
    Great car for long runs and company car tax is relatively low for the blend of performance/economy. It isn’t a big estate though… Golfs apparently have more boot space with seats down!

wombat

Thanks for the reply, sounds better than I thought.
    Will go and have a look at boot size next,

Saccades
    Free Member

I’ve a 2011 1.6 dRIVE v60.

On my regular 40 mile commute (30mins at 75-80 and another 30 mins crawling the last 10 miles or so) I get ~47mpg. Really, really comfy place to be. If I draft vans and the like at speed I can get it up to ~54mpg.

Hills (at speed) really kill it’s fuel efficiency. Big heavy car with small engine. Oh, stop start function turned off as it’s annoying.

I’ve the R-design so the tyres probably don’t help.

I can fit a 26″ 456 (which looks like a gate) in the back without removing the wheels, just have to drop the seatpost, have to jiggle it correctly to get it in though (bought a titan extended boot cover + flap thing which is ace).

It’s wider, but not as high or long as the storage space in the mk 3.5 mondeo it replace. Can get a flat load space all the way to the glovebox which is handy, it’s not as high due to the flat bit but has a handy shelf thing underneath – although I got rid of it and fitted a space saver tyre (£65 from ebay).

Did notice at Xmas when we did the grand tour of the UK visiting everyone that the fuel economy didn’t drop (less hills?) despite it being massively loaded up (sports suspension was still level too).

Honest John

jambalaya
    Free Member

If I draft vans and the like at speed

😥

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

I have a current D4 manual, get high 50s/just into the 60s depending on how fuel efficiently i drive. Best tank was about 62. Most of my driving is motorway/A-roads.

Boot is just about big enough for two normal sized bikes with wheels off. Probably won’t be able to close the cover. One bike goes in easily.

sharkbait
    Free Member
    db

D4 “63” 181hp here. Had it now for a little over 70k miles.

Get low 40s most of the time – I should qualify that by saying I’m not a good driver and use the accelerate as an on/off button. Never take it out of gear at lights (so the stop/start never has a chance to work). I’m pretty sure you could reliably get over 50mpg with sensible habits.

Boot is small for estate. Smaller that the old V50 I think. However car has been fantastic. Its had one full set of brakes and I think I’m 3rd or 4th set of tyres + 2 wipers. Other than that nothing but the routine servicing.
    Local Volvo dealer has also been great.
    Will be seriously considering another when the time comes to replace.

wombat

Thanks folks, I just need to be able to fit a large 29er hardtail inside with the seats down(don’t mind removing the front wheel as I have to do that currently).
    My target is to be able to get 50mpg on average from whatever I get as that’s about what I get with my current car.
    Off to the local Volvo garage at lunchtime to kick a few tyres 😉

Flaperon

My D4 (190) auto gives 50-ish on a long run, about 45 for mixed driving. It’s pretty poor compared to a PSA or VAG engine but identical to the equivalent BMW 520d I had as a hire car.

Think the estate shape ruins the aerodynamics as the consumption really suffers when driving into a headwind. Or when it’s cold. Or both.

Goes like stink though provided you accept there’s a 2 second delay between flooring it and the message getting down to the engine room.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Volvo V60 Fuel Consumption’ is closed to new replies.