Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Volvo enthusiasts of the forum gather!
  • one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

They are making it! The Volvo Coupe Concept. Only it’s going to be built by Polestar and it’s going to be a 600PS/1000nM Carbonfibre bodied, ohlins chasised hybrid.

Polestar 1

I’m currently weighing up whether if I rob a bank now, I’ll be out in time for when they start selling them post subscription…

munrobiker
    Free Member

That interior is excellent.

scruff
    Free Member

Chinese tat 😥

scotroutes

Not actually a Volvo then?

TheGingerOne

Lefthand drive only

And I believe you will not buy them, but only ever ‘rent’ them

joshvegas
    Free Member

I quite like that

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Built on the Volvo SPA platform that Polestar which were Volvo’s tuning arm having previously been an independent Tuning and Racing company (which spun off Cyan racing when Volvo bought Polestar).

Polestar are now the Performance arm of Volvo/Geely. It might be built in China but then many volvos are now built in China.

While to a certain extent I’m an R driving Swedish Volvo purest, im willing to make an exception for this as it’s being built by what is effectively an ex-Volvo approved racing team.

matt_outandabout

I like the interior. Some of the rest is a bit ‘meh’.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

And I believe you will not buy them, but only ever ‘rent’ them

There was a comment in one interview where they state that they will be selling them secondhand after the 2-3 year subscription period. Hence why I’m wondering if I’ll be out of the slammer by 2023ish…

Drac

Mustang rip off.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Estate version?

It’s a bit low for me, a bit wide tyred pointless. Looks pretty, like the hybrid.

Who cares where it’s made? Are you saying there are quality issues with Chinese made products? I think you’ll find they’re exceptionally well made cars.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Mustang rip off.

The original concept Coupe design was meant to homage the P1800 to a certain extent.

TheGingerOne

Report I read said they would be re-rented as second hand cars too due to the battery

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Estate version?

Of the the Polestar 1? Not as such, however you can already buy a Polestar tuned 400+bhp V90 T8 hybrid.

Twodogs

I’m currently weighing up whether if I rob a bank now, I’ll be out in time for when they start selling them post subscription…

You know the average take from a bank robbery is £10k, yes?

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

You know the average take from a bank robbery is £10k, yes?

What’s the going rate on a kidney or a lobe of liver?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Estate version?
    Of the the Polestar 1? Not as such, however you can already buy a Polestar tuned 400+bhp V90 T8 hybrid.

😯

Yeah right, for burnouts in Waitrose carpark no doubt?

mattyfez

Looks like an Audi or a Ford.

All cars look the same to me these days.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Polestar tuned 400+bhp V90 T8 hybrid.

Hubbah hubbah hubbah.

Drac

The order books are open now, but there are no prices in the traditional sense. Every Polestar will be sold via monthly subscription, on a two- or three-year contract. No deposit, just a to-be-confirmed flat-rate that includes insurance, maintenance and access to other Volvos should you – for example – require more space for a family holiday. When your time’s up, you simply hand it back and swap it for a shiny new Polestar, much like it’s a 591bhp mobile phone.

Interesting.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Hubbah hubbah hubbah.

Link For Flash containing gratuitous Volvo and Bike content

Polestar have also clarified that they will be available for outright purchase as well.

Northwind

It’s not a proper volvo if it doesn’t look like a brick. Bonus marks for rwd and having a turbo shoved into it

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

@ Northwind I fully concur that there is a time and a place for Turbobricks (that time would be already and that place would be my drive, if there was space and money and no gf to appease).

andykirk
    Free Member

It is a nice looking car.

Unfortunately for Volvo it looks like every other nice looking car on the road.

How boring.

The two other photos posted are much more interesting looking cars.

RustyNissanPrairie

Not old man enough – a proper Volvo should look like you’ve borrowed your dads car.

newrobdob
    Free Member

It’s not a proper volvo if it doesn’t look like a brick. Bonus marks for rwd and having a turbo shoved into it

3 ticks here!!

I love mine.

Northwind I fully concur that there is a time and a place for Turbobricks (that time would be already and that place would be my drive, if there was space and money and no gf to appease).

The car above is technically my wife’s car. She loves it!

Money? Car above cost less than a half decent pair of suspension forks.

It is NOT slow.

bencooper
    Free Member

A 400bhp Volvo estate? My uncle was building them decades ago 😉

https://jalopnik.com/5540957/the-ford-powered-volvo-wagon-paul-newman-built

RoterStern
    Free Member

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GTJZEK4JP0k[/video]

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

It’s nice to see the results of the last couple of years work splashed all over the internet.

joshvegas
    Free Member

An estate version of that would be a shooting break.

As per the P1800s surely?

brakes
    Free Member

are all cars designed by one person these days? they all look the same.

failedengineer

Newrobdog’s estate looks fab. Love those wheels.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Volvo enthusiasts of the forum gather!’ is closed to new replies.