Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Volvo C30 T5 – anyone had one?
  • MisterT

I’m seriously considering a 4yr old C30 T5 as 2nd car for our family… anyone here actually lived with one?

I know it’s got a big bum but a small boot but what’s it like as a daily driver?

just looking for a more interesting alternative to a Golf/Sirrocco/Mini, and rather like the Swedish style.

pebble
    Free Member

Not got the T5 version but have had a 61 reg 2.0 petrol R Design model from new. It does around 38mpg combined and is very well put together.
    T5 has six speed gear box and will do around 30-32mpg.

If the price is right, I would go for it.

MisterT

thanks… out of interest, have you needed to use the back seats much, and if so, is it comfy enough for them in the back?

pebble
    Free Member

My two sons are 13 and 16 and both around 5ft 9. We went on holiday this year in it with 4 bikes on the roof but will be the last time as it was a bit of a squeeze.

If your kids are under 10, it will be fine for a few years.

aP
    Free Member

Why not buy an Asbo? Same car underneath, just not made in China.

bren2709

I have the D5 version on a 59 plate loads of power and torque
    roughly 45mpg everyday use.
    Had bikes racks roof mounted but had a towbar fitted for 3 bike carrier, better behind than on top for ease.
    Yes boot us small but once you remove the cover space is no problem.
    Build quality is great and car is solid!
    This is For sale.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

It’s not a more interesting version of those VWs. Volvos handle like shit and are for middle aged people who ask ‘what car?’ questions on forums.

Get a Z3M

bren2709

Hero – and a Transit vans are for Pikies?
    Never had a problem with the handling!

aP
    Free Member

It’s still a Ford Focus though.

bren2709

Only the floor plan!
    Does that make a difference?

Suggsey
    Free Member

Yep driven one regularly, very thirsty if you drive vigorously and boot is pointless in size. It’s a bit off a squeeze fior four big blokes but handles really well, ignore comments about rear wheel drive etc etc, it’s more than controlled and adequate for spirited driving on UK roads without emerging sideways from a bend plus if it snows you won’t need winter tyres to drive it 😆

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

We had one as a courtesy car for a while when our XC60 was broken and loved it! Didn’t have the chance to see how much we could load it up though…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Volvo C30 T5 – anyone had one?’ is closed to new replies.