• This topic has 52 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by nickc.
Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Volume OCD – I think i have it
  • GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Same here – it must be an even number for me.

There’s just something about odd numbers. Ah that’s it – they’re odd…!

Seriously, even numbers all the way for me.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Prime numbers.

1, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19, 23, 27

tomhoward

Mate wrote his car off because he was distracted by changing the volume to 16. (Hit kerb, flipped and rolled it)

Cougar

Slightly OT but my wife has the radio on in her car, at a volume just too quiet to hear properly. Drives me mad (pun intended).

Yeah, that’s crossmaking. If you’re listening to the radio make it audible, if you’re not then turn it off completely. This ‘background noise’ setting is weird, we already have background noise.

Generally when I do it, it’s because I want to listen to the radio but my passenger won’t shut up yapping.

Cougar

Lost?

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

And you forgot 2. But we get the idea!

geoffj

Not volume, but the speed setting on the treadmill at the gym cannot be left with an odd decimal. 12.6 is ok, 12.5 makes me stumble. 😡

Cougar

so why do you increment on a linear scale then?

Decrement. (And, yes…)

perchypanther
    Free Member

so why do you increment on a linear scale then?

Point of order Cougs.

Decibels are a logarithmic scale, not a linear one, which I think was the point of this comment.

Edit: ….which, having read this back again, you already knew right? As you were.

Cougar

Indeed. I didn’t build the bloody thing, I just twiddle the knob.

(They write themselves sometimes, don’t they.)

Cougar

I take it back.

Having just spun the wheel (turtles get real) with no source audio present, the volume control goes from -80dB to +16dB so I have no clucking idea what it’s supposed to be representing. Around -24dB is a good clear listening volume that doesn’t shake books off shelves.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

My Technics amp goes from -76dB to 0dB – I’m sure there’s a very good reason for that of which I’m not aware of.

nickc

telly volume is at 9, car temperature is currently 18 on passenger side and 21.5 on mine.

don’t care… 😆

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Volume OCD – I think i have it’ is closed to new replies.