Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • volcano riding. epic stupidity and lots of pain
  • weeksy

Over in Lanzarote at the moment and took on a bit of a tour type ride yesterday. 55km of very very strange terrain. Rocks and lunar landscapes like you’d not believe. The last 10km turned into a three man race. Edward from Holland being my main competition. We swapped and changed position three times on a hell of a climb back up to mid point of a large volcano. In the end though I powered away from him. Heart rate was over 175 for 20mins ha ha.

Riding on the volcanic rock is most alien, grip but also very out of control. Madness.

I was riding a Ghost asr 69 I think. Full suspension and cross country geometry. Pretty nice.

Had a epic crash! ! On the road !
    Was trying something I’d seen on YouTube which was to lower and raise seat post on the fly. Ended up pulling the wrong brake as in Europe they’re reversed and went over the bars! Lots of blood and cuts and bruises ha ha.

Garry_Lager

Nice one Weeksy. Was riding there earlier this year, in the moutains at the south of the island so not the volcanos as such – also hired ghosts, liked the xc one and was ok with the bigger all mountain one.
    Your photos remind me how great the scenery is – it’s bleak but the sunshine makes all the difference. Not a blade of grass to be found, like – You know falling off is going to hurt.

BadlyWiredDog

What was the race called?

weeksy

Me vs 4 fellas, was just a random shop arranged tour but 3 of us seem to have male competitive ego syndrome.

kimbers

nice,dragged a mate on a budget trip to fuertaventura with our bikes once, there is something quite spooky about riding the lava terrain

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘volcano riding. epic stupidity and lots of pain’ is closed to new replies.