Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Vodafone Sure Signal. Borked. Anyone else?
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Mines stopped working. Steady power light, no other lights.

seems Im not the only one
    http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/bd-p/70

have run pathping and got a few losses.

What’s annoying is its been working fine for 6 months and Ive changed nothing at home so how can it be anything my end? Unless BT (ISP) have changed something…

allthegear
    Free Member

Mine was working fine last night, also on BT ISP. I shall have a look when I get home….

Rachel

Stoner
    Free Member

cheers ATG

allthegear
    Free Member

No – definitely working!!!

Rachel

Stoner
    Free Member

Mine started working again after being down for the morning. Yours could have been down and come back up while you’re at work though…

again, seems Im not the only one, other posts on the vodafone forum seem to corroborate.

Flaky bit of kit sometimes, but stable for periods too. Damn frustrating.

cheers anyway.

I’m getting increasingly frustrated with Vodafone in general – I was stuck with it’s ott pricing, as not a lot else works for mobile phones in my area.

However, the once fantastic coverage seems a bit shonky at best of late.

allthegear
    Free Member

Come to think of it, I did have a nightmare getting it working in the first place…

My original network connection was an Apple Time Capsule used as a router, through a Vigor 120 ADSL MODEM to my (old) ISP. After much hair tearing, I had to replace the ADSL MODEM as it worked by accepting the PPPoE connection form the Time Capsule and translating this into PPPoA as used in the UK. (US use PPPoE). When I replaced the MODEM with another one that works in a different (but less convenient) way, the Sure Signal bounced into life.

Now, for the life of me, I could not work out why absolutely every other weird and wonderful protocol that I used, both initiated locally and remotely, would work with my old setup but the SureSignal would not. It just didn’t make sense and no-one at Vodafone really wanted to help.

Anyway, things have been working well for a long time – not noticed any outages although you are right – it could be off when I’m not here…

Vodafone in general has not been a great experience, I have to admit. I moved across from O2 when I got my second iPhone and kind of wished I didn’t now – not even visual voicemail works on Vodafone!!! Eh???

Rachel

Stoner
    Free Member

yep, same for me.

I moved over to V from O2. Kind of wished I hadnt.

Got the sure signal box for free because of lousy performance of the HTC legend originally. Vodafone claimed nothing was wrong. Lived with it for a while but it finally improved with froyo 2.2 update.

Phone is now very good and froyo some great improvements.

Vodafone bandwidth capacity in dense areas (like paddington) is utter crap though. I was getting faster downloads in Lisbon at the weekend than I usually get in most of London.

Will live with it until end of contract and then give them the heave ho.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Vodafone Sure Signal. Borked. Anyone else?’ is closed to new replies.