Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Vodafone contract – "includes 750MB of UK WiFi"
  • beamers

Afternoon all.

I’m thinking of upgrading my current Vodafon contract and I see that they all now “include 750MB of UK WiFi.”

What does this mean?

Is it a nationwide network of WiFi Hotspots from which I can download 750MB of data after which I have to start paying once I go over 750MB?

Is it a limit imposed on any WiFi access? So when I have reached that limit downloading data on my sofa from my own Wifi will I have to pay more?

Will I still be able to use BT Openzone (I am a BT customer) without having to pay Vodafone when I go over 750MB?

I asked Vodafone Customer Services these question and they had no idea.

Ta in advance.

vorlich
    Free Member

a nationwide network of WiFi Hotspots from which I can download 750MB of data after which I have to start paying once I go over 750MB?

Presumably this

a limit imposed on any WiFi access? So when I have reached that limit downloading data on my sofa from my own Wifi will I have to pay more

Definitely not this

I asked Vodafone Customer Services these question and they had no idea.

FFS. I’d look elsewhere if I were you.

glenh
    Free Member

The customer services of any network will have no idea about this stuff – they hire monkeys.

As above, you will have access to a bunch of public access wifi hotspots and a 750mb data allownace on those.

They can’t have any control over how you use it on your own, or anyone else’s (e.g work, starbucks, etc) wifi networks.

Slogo
    Free Member
    Wozza
    Free Member

If it’s like my Vodafone contract it means you can connect to BT Openzone hotspots… which after 26months i’m not even sure i’ve done that on purpose once.

beamers

Cheers all

Thought it would be something like that.

daveh
    Free Member

Not all openzone hotspots though, only certain ones which are so few and far between it’s not worth bothering about.

CountZero

Openzone/Fon hotspots suck, utterly useless. I was very disappointed with O2 when they 86’d The Cloud in favour of Openzone; The Cloud always worked, and had good download speeds, but Openzone just sits there and does nothing, even when the signal strength is full on.

bruneep

BT openzone with VF is pish I have yet to get a connection. VF blame BT, BT blame VF.

I would avoid this option on any VF contract.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

BT openzone with VF is pish I have yet to get a connection. VF blame BT, BT blame VF.

Oh Jesus Effin Christ, this +1000. Only once since I’ve had the contract have I managed to log into a BT wifi spot. I’m suPposed to have 1Gb a month through them.

FieldMarshall

For what its worth, I’ve connected to BTFON and Openzone loads without problem on my VF iphone.

But I am also a BT customer, and have the BTFON app, so dont know if that makes a difference.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

BT Openzone is piggy backing onto other BT customers residential wifi, the X million spots refers to how many BT customers are signed into this. We’ve been with BT a while and opted out as I don’t like the idea of someone downloading indecent images via my home internet connection regardless of how secure the system supposedly is and how protected I would be from prosecution. BT tried to effectively blackmailed us by saying if we opted out we were more likely to have our own connection throttled back. Newer BT customers don’t have the option to opt out.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Vodafone contract – "includes 750MB of UK WiFi"’ is closed to new replies.