• This topic has 26 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by xcgb.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Vodafone Broadband anyone had any experience of this?
  • xcgb
    Free Member

The missus just signed us up to switch from BT to vodafone,for our broadband and home phone(which we hardly use) but looking on line there are a lot of bad reviews but not as many as there are for BT!

Anyone else gone with vodafone?

TIA

wl
    Free Member

Vodafone mobile has been by far the worst customer service experience of my life, and my partner’s too. Personally, I wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole for anything – phone, broadband etc. Soz if you’ve just signed up. Good luck.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Not used their broadband but unfortunate enough to have had mobile through Vodafone. I would never even consider using them to wipe my back side never provide any kind of service. They seem to pride themselves on crap customer service. I would keep looking for another provider.

pingu66
    Free Member

It’s Vodafone.

If you have any issues you will spend days on calls to call centres in exotic locations and lose the will to live.

Winner of several accolades for worst customer service on the planet.

But hey they’re a service provider they all suck!

xcgb
    Free Member

Thanks
    i have been a mobile customer for years and never had an issue with them, always seem helpful on the phone

BT however…….

somouk
    Free Member

I’ve been tempted by their no line rental ploy for fibre broadband. Will save me £12 a month. Sky instantly offered me £10 off to stay so will probably just save the hassle of swapping and stay with Sky.

RicB

We switched from BT 72 meg to Voda 36meg broadband a few months ago and it’s one of the best decisions I’ve made. Voda customer service was excellent (BT horrendous), the router seems pretty good (many improvements since the poor reviews you’re probably reading) and more importantly it’s much faster and much more stable. I used to struggle streaming Sky Go via BT, never mind YouTube 4K but everything streams perfectly with Voda. Plus the BT connection speed varied hugely between 0.5 and 68 (yes really!), whereas Voda is always bang on 30+

xcgb
    Free Member

Cheers Ric we cant get 72meg where i live but I think i’ll go with it and see what happens, Bt are the worst company I have ever dealt with but who knows?

I will report back! switchover is 8th sept ……….

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Reporting back in november when Vodafone connect you?

xcgb
    Free Member

LOL possibly…..

allthegear
    Free Member

Interesting idea to signup and then ask if it is a good choice…

Rachel

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

His wife signed up. Then told him.

mountainman

I know it’s not UK ,but vodaphone here in Ireland is the better provider mobile and mobile broadband,only grudge is limited to 20 gb month, but don’t stream films or anything like that so manageable.rural location so fibre not available with Eir the BT equivalent.

Russell96

Plenty more detail here >>

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/vodafone-connect-broadband

Ps.. Broadband help desks are in the exotic locations of Glasgow and Leeds

xcgb
    Free Member

Thanks Russell interesting reading

xcgb
    Free Member

Oh and the lady i spoke to about my mobile contract the other day said she was in Stoke

Jaz1979
    Free Member

I’ve had it since Feb as a paying customer, and to be honest its been pretty good (I have to confess I was involved heavily in it from the network design)

There are no offshore call centres for their broadband, as Russell mentioned they are all the in the fantastic locations of Leeds and Glasgow (first hand experience – having worked in both of the sites)

Switch over was painless, though there was a little bit of a miscommunication between my previous supplier (Sky) and Vodafone but all sorted very quickly

lovewookie

hoping it all goes swimmingly for me at the end of this week. well, that’s when BT say they’re switching off my service, Hopefully I’ll plug in the vodafone router and hey presto, I’ll be online…..

hopefully….

BT were costing about £60-70 with the out of terms calls my wife was making..vodafone will be £36 all in, mobile calls included.

got an email when I signed up, but nothing since…but, as others have said, they are a provider, count on shitty service and be surprised when it’s OK…

xcgb
    Free Member

I have had loads of Emails from vodafone about router delivery and connection dates and a sorry you are leaving one from BT so we will see…..

Alphabet

I switched about a year ago. Speeds went from BT at 32M to Vodafone at 22M. However it’s crept back up over the year to around 33M at the moment. About half price compared to BT. Not found their customer any worse than BT.

xcgb
    Free Member

I struggle to see that anyone can be worse than BT IME

xcgb
    Free Member

*UPDATE*
    Well yesterday was switchover day, I plugged the new router in and went to work

came back home to a lovely 38mb connection speed way faster than the BT one.

Happy vodafone customer here, so far……. 🙂

craigxxl
    Free Member

I had the leaflet come through my door yesterday. It made me laugh as I have tired to cancel my contract for my Vodafone mobile 3 times now and it’s still active. I have removed the direct debit after they had their contracted payments and they want me to set it back up again so that they can take the additional charges for additional periods even though the phone hasn’t been used other than to switch on see the connection is still active. Hopefully they’ll take me to court, bunch of useless ****.

Alphabet

I switched from BT Infinity to Vodafone about a year ago. No real problems. The cost is about half what I was paying with BT.

The only draw back is that you have to use the Vodafone router where BT will let you use any router you like. The Vodafone router seems better than the standard BT offering so no real issues unless you want to use your own.

lovewookie

have to say, been with vodafone now for just over a week, speedy broadband with not as many dropouts as BT.

great. 🙂

bigjim

Been with Vodafone for years on mobile and call centres always been UK, not sure what this exotic location stuff is all about, BT are certainly overseas still though.

xcgb
    Free Member

Yes the call centres are all UK and have always been helpful with mu mobile contracts so thought id give them a go

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Vodafone Broadband anyone had any experience of this?’ is closed to new replies.