Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Vocabulary of a footballer
  • Bunnyhop

Yerknow…..

NO I DON'T.

terrahawk
    Free Member

yawn

wwaswas

for sure.

MSP

"kerching" and "French underwear model" are the only words they seem to need to know.

richmtb

at the end of the day…

woody2000

I know a footballer and he knows quite a lot of words.

Just for balance, like.

slowjo
    Free Member

Doesn't Cav spend every interview saying "Yer know"? We used to have mini bets how how many times he would say it in a post stage win during last year's TdeF.

As for footballers… no idea.

MrSparkle

Random use of the word 'obviously' is a particular bug bear.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

whinge
    moan
    complain
    there's something on tv i don't like
    i'm too clever to watch football, me
    me me me

vocabuulary of more than few stw'ers

tomzo
    Free Member

I do like when Gerrard goes 'eerrrrrrrmmmmm' in his accent, sounds brilliant.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

the gaffa
    erm
    ya know
    the lads gave me some stick
    as i say

All with random ear twiddling thrown in, wwaswas that's the extended dutch vocab 🙂

MrSparkle

whinge
    moan
    complain
    there's something on tv i don't like
    i'm too clever to watch football, me
    me me me

vocabuulary of more than few stw'ers

Very true. I LIKE football, btw.

llama

so and so done brilliant

leggyblonde
    Free Member

I'm a footballer, your place or mine?

trailmonkey

I heard David James on the radio today reflect that a possible game with Argentina would be as important as a game with Germany as it would have " a different set of historical values ".

But don't let that piece of evidence spoil the really valid point that you're making.

Hairychested
    Free Member

I was like you know like he gone for the ball and you know he like passed it and Wazza passed it to Dazza so the gaffa said we had to be more clinical like and need to pass pass pass liek we did innit?

johni
    Free Member

Saying "the manager" repeatedly.

Junkyard
    Free Member

the boy done well
    tbh everyone sounds dumb talking about football but some of them are quite dumb.

iDave
    Free Member

i must say i've enjoyed all bunnyhop's appearances on tv, very coherent and intelligent use of language when making a pertinent point

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I would quite happily be as fick as a futballer with the money they are on.

Junkyard
    Free Member

what shame you have to make do with being as thick for your wages 😉
    😆
    No offence meant at all M-F could not resist.

Pembo
    Free Member

Pelanty (sic)

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Pelanty haha that little gem is reserved for Chris Waddle the retarded turtle looking numbskull, the only thing his opinion is good for is the bin.

monksie
    Free Member

The eloqution and media handling skills of the players of Man.City have not really had any influence on my decision to buy a season ticket each year to be honest but now you mention it, I'm going to demand a quote from Shakespeare everytime Tevez sticks one in.
    There's a thought, maybe Manu is quoting Keates but no bugger can understand a word he's saying.
    The BBC bod who booked him for the pre, half time and post match discussion is signing on on Tuesday :-}

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Don't forget most of top players have never seen the inside of a real school. Most of them are plucked out of reallity at real young age. Given the choice of a good vocabulary or n@bbing Cheryl Cole and drivig round in some excesive cars I don't think I would have to think too hard.

Init.

BigJohn

Well Brian, there it was in the back of the net.

And apparently until quite recently John Terry had never heard the word "No".

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

This thread needs a song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah5gAkna3jI

Tinners

Rugby commentators are the same. How many times have we got to hear "strength in depth" or that Joe Bloggs is a good "servant" to rugby (images of a prop forward, dressed like Jeeves, ironing the Daily Telegraph for m'lud) and that so and so "likes HIS rugby" (no, he likes HIS wife, HIS bike and HIS dinner, but simply LIKES rugby). I guess it's because it's so difficult to keep talking, even when there's nothing to talk about, that the temptation to trot out the old cliches is just too strong.

Tinners

LOL at Neil's on wheels!

Edric64
    Free Member

Anyone else notice that most of the foriegn players in the premiership speak better English than the English players.Jan Molby had to be the best though,Danish but spoke scouse like a native!

edhornby

going on about 'touch' boils my p1ss… he's got his touch back, he's got a great first touch… gah

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Aye he's got lovely feet.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Here's some evidence, just in, from an interview yesterday. It's true, he'd barely be understood in the oasis of eloquence that is STW.

emac65
    Free Member

Wages of a footballer – HUGE
    Nuff said…. 8)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

There have been a good few intellectuals and philosophers play football. Amongst them Socrates, Zola and of coures Mark Hughes*
    .* Bad pun – (Herbert)Marcuse

Bunnyhop

I know one of the ex-Man. united wags very well and she, plus hubby are very articulate and come across as well educated on the telly.

iDave do you know me?

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Vocabulary of a footballer’ is closed to new replies.