• This topic has 13 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Nobby.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Voafone- Aaargh!
  • craigxxl
    Free Member

How stupid could I be to than to take outa a contract with Vodafone?

Very poor signal, 4G is a joke and lots of missed calls. Tried telephoning customer services and basically not interested.
    I went to the store I bought it from who again just really wanted to sell you a phone. As the contract my wife is has only a few months left I asked about transferring my number to another provider and my wife transferring her number onto the Vodafone contract. The person I was speaking said it was possible but checked with the manager who confirmed it was. Great, get a new contract gets home and calls Vodafone for my PAC code only to be told that getting the code would end the contract and I would have to pay the balance.
    After much thought decided I would get the phone unlocked and give it to my wife. Request unlock code through their website, no response or code received. Gave up on them went through a third party only to receive a charge for unlocking on my bill. When I query why I was being charged for something that I never received they stated it was unlocked in the background 4 days after my request, 2 days longer than stated, so the fee remains.

Never step foot in a Vodafone shop, you will regret it. My next step is to speak to trading standards now.

jambalaya
    Free Member

You should have checked all the threads. Happy Three mobile customer here.

PePPeR

Another ex Vodafone now happy 3 customer here!

Edit that does all depend upon the signal strength where you want to use it.

I got free sims from the major suppliers and went with the best for where I live.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    iolo
    Free Member

4g is awful where my house is.
    I just about get 2g.
    I knew this before I got the phone and 4g works great where the coverage checker says it should.
    I’m happy.

Drac

Vodafone are shite for Data network even where they tell you can get coverage you don’t always, even if you do it probably won’t work. Great for voice calls though.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Just left Vodafone after 7 years for 3. Best thing I ever did – have 3 or 4G 90% of the time, whereas withVodafone I only had 3G about 50% of the time. Absolute rubbish.

unovolo
    Free Member

Vodafone are the Citylink of the Telecoms world ,possible the shittiest network(Orange/EE come a close 2nd)I have ever hard the misfortune of dealing with.
    Another happy(tempts fate)3 customer here.

robdob
    Free Member

3 are beyond crap, at least in our experience. Naff all reception at our house despite EE having 1-2 bars minimum. Poor reception in most places. Also got quite nasty when I rang up to get my PUK code. I changed my wife’s phone to Virgin and it’s been miles better and cheaper per month.

mark d
    Free Member

Vodafone are utterly useless for data and I’m in the middle of a fairly large City. The chap on the phone convinced me that they had the best 4G network in the UK and they had a special 6 month offer on 4G if I signed up. On pressing him, he conceded that, at the time, only London had 4G. I asked what was the point of the rest of us signing up for the special offer, when it is not available anywhere else and could I maybe sign up but postpone the offer until it is actually available, so I actually benefit. Silence. Think he got to the end of his crib sheet…
    Maybe it is just UK network. I was recently in the middle of nowhere in Menorca, absolute perfect data connection at all times, come back to UK, zilch.

codybrennan
    Free Member

I work for Vodafone, and have a personal contract phone with them, ending next February.

As soon as its out of contract I’m back to GiffGaff.

Rubbish.

I last renewed my contract 2 years ago and had a Samsung Note 2 – now I’m pretty sure I didn’t sign up for a 36 month contract, yet the (awful) website shows I have a year to run.

I called into the Vodafone store I got it from and they are saying I renewed my contract in Feb this year???? How the hell have I got photo’s on it from Feb 2013 then? As I got it from them, I requested they checked their records, but apparently in this age of modern technology, they would have to request the paperwork from Head Office, which could take days.

Unfortunately, Voda is the only network that really works at home, although I have a 3 Mi-Fi unit for data

stumpy01

Vodafone. Rubbish….proper rubbish.

Stu_N

Rather happy with 3. If it says you have signal it works properly, even on 1 bar. Service is a bit patchy in far N and W of Scotland but I’ll live with that when I get 3G where I spend 98% of my time, plus properly fast 4G at work.

Three at Home is great too – no extra charges for calls, texts and data in France, Switzerland, Ireland and USA plus a few others.

Nobby

Conversely, I have two identical iPhones (work & personal) and the Vodafone one is immeasurably better than the one on O2.

Sadly the 3 signal is pants at work & not too good at home despite the proximity to that London.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Voafone- Aaargh!’ is closed to new replies.