Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • VO2 Max Testing
  • aviemoron
    Free Member

Hi All,
    Just interested in my max’ VO2, anybody know where I can have this done in Scotland – Edinburgh / Glasgow or preferably further north? Haven’t “trained” properly in years and just interested to find out my starting levels.

northshoreniall

I know somebody who may need guinea pig/ control subject in near future in dundee. Can drop you line if it firms up as definate if interested?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I don’t know about the more modern scientific methods, but the old skool ‘run a mile and a half as bastard hard as you can’ method certainly made sure you only did it if you were really curious.

I managed 74ml/kg/min once, 17 years ago.

trail_rat
    Free Member

and if he doesnt want to help out in dundee , i shall … being only up the road in arbroath im not too far away if its continued testing. Have done it before within ninewells if thats where your at.

cant mind the geezers name was daniel something or other and it was a diabetes study on how the diabetics react to certain compounds of sugars(sports drinks) under resting and working conditions and i was the non diabetic for comparison. Took samples of muscle tissue from my thigh that time though , not so keen for that again ….sare as **** !

aviemoron
    Free Member

Trail_rat, Ninewells eh? I’m originallyfrom Arbroath, but now in Aviemore. Folks still in Arbroath, so I’m sometimes down. Really looking for a good base line set of stats.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘VO2 Max Testing’ is closed to new replies.