Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • VMware or parallels
  • tails
    Free Member

whats the crack, are the much the same? i want easy load and forget, or is it best to stick with bootcamp. thanks.

NikNak7890
    Free Member

I'd go with Sun Virtualbox out of preference 😉

pinches
    Free Member

just use bootcamp, been using it for 2yrs no problems consistantly reliable, i use it purely to run a certain CAD package and its very good (with XP installed on a 10gb partition)

tails
    Free Member

is that some super efficient free software, developed by smart people or just the new kid on the block? thanks

Fusion for me.

Loaded VM tools, running snow leopard & XP pro no probs. All peripherals running fine including all 3 printers.

Transferring files between systems is a doddle. Just drag it from one screen to the other.

Tried parallels before & had problems with peripherals. Maybe it was me but anyway, as said since running Fusion no probs at all. Get all the updates so far for free, been using it mainly due to energy rating software which is MS Access & Oracle based, otherwise wouldn't bother

Oh yea, I used Bootcamp & a 15Gb partition

fergusd

VMWare Fusion, quick, very compatable and if you want to reclaim the disk space just copy the whole VM off onto a USB drive . . .

I run various linux variants, XP, Windows 7 and downloaded VM's on it without issue . . . all within OSX

Fd

tails
    Free Member

thanks teggs that sounds good

retro83
    Free Member

I prefer Fusion.

When I was still tied to windows I used it all day everyday. Parallels doesn't perform as well (scrolling documents, disk speed etc) in my experience.
    Also in Parallels I had problems with keyboard mappings going wrong half way through doing something, being unable to switch back to OSX from the VM and other stuff.

Boot Camp is also good, but of course you have to reboot, which can be rather annoying.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘VMware or parallels’ is closed to new replies.