Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • vmware….
  • Nick_Christy
    Free Member

i need vmware for my mac os X

anyone know if there is one about??

many thanks

nick

davcow
    Free Member

Yep, there is VMWare Fusion!

Gordy
    Free Member

VMware Fusion is it?

Link

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

is fusion not to allow the 2 operating systems to work together?

is it different to workstation??

nick

CountZero

VMWare and Parallels have been around for years, specifically for the Mac, ever since OS X started, around 2000-2001. Not much difference between them, is my understanding. Never used it, only recently bought an Intel powered Mac, my PowerBook was PowerPC, and I have no need for Windows or Linux.

allthegear
    Free Member

Yes – it’s just called VMWare Fusion for marketing purposes – it’s basically Workstation for the Mac. I use it every day and it is fabulous. My MBP at work runs Windows faster in a VM than the standard Dell laptops do…

Rachel

CountZero

Don’t know what Fusion is, VMWare creates a virtual machine on your Mac that allows other OS to run, so you can have several OS open on your desktop simultaneously, and copy and paste between apps on different OS.
    Different to Bootcamp, which only allows one OS to run at a time.

glenh
    Free Member

Unlike VMware or parallels, virtualbox is free (and work just as well in my experience)

https://www.virtualbox.org/

Gordy
    Free Member

Glenh makes a fair point. Myself, I don’t think it’s quite as good*, but it won’t cost you owt to try it**.

* – by which I think I actually mean “user friendly” because there’s nothing wrong with it technically.

** – not that it’ll cost you anything to try Fusion either.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘vmware….’ is closed to new replies.