Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Vivaro brake pad and disc change?
  • mactheknife

Righto, changed the front pads and discs on my 08 plate vivaro this week. It turned into one of those jobs that leave you scratching your head wondering why i hadn’t done it myself before.

So to the rear, they are in a pretty bad way so same again but this time the discs have integrated bearings. After looking at a few videos online it seems no worse a job, just a large 34??mm bolt to undo /redo.

Has anyone done these before or a similar type with any ideas. Cheers all. oh my ABS warning light is on. Apart from it going to the garage will that reset when i have everything set up properly or does the sensor need looking at.

codybrennan
    Free Member

Its a 36mm socket that you need. I can’t recall the torque for it, but will Google.

You’ll also need a wind-back tool for the calipers. Apart from that its pretty straightforward.

mactheknife

Hey codybrennan, cheers for that. Yea i have the caliper wind-back tool. All i think i need is the 36mm socket. And a bid **** off torque wrench.

codybrennan
    Free Member

I’ve just checked my Haynes manual and funnily enough its doesn’t say what size the retaining nut is, but the torque should be 280Nm. It also says that a new bolt should be used.

Sandwich

Have a check of the sensor wiring and the disc that it senses when you have the wheel and calliper off. The sensors are generally a cheap part from ECP or similar. Are you hoping to re-use the bearings or do the new discs have them all ready fitted? You’ll need a press and new bearings if not all ready in place.

Apologies if this is teaching your gran to suck eggs.

mactheknife

The bearings are fitted into the disc as far as i was aware after chatting to the lad in the part shop yesterday.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Vivaro brake pad and disc change?’ is closed to new replies.