Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Vitus Sommet Pro-any thoughts or experiences?
  • kneebiscuit
    Free Member

I’m looking to pick up a longer travel bike, and have come across a Sommet Pro secondhand. The reviews I’ve read look good, but wondered if anyone on here had any experience?

nairnster
    Free Member

Not the Sommet, but I have the escarpe pro.

If the suspension works the same it is great, never need to use the shock lockout as it doesnt really bob (although longer travel may be different) it is sensitive enough to small bumps but ramps up nicely on bigger hits.

The alu frames arent the lightest but that isnt the end of the world IMO.

I dont think they are as long as some other low long and slack bikes.

They do get good reviews but never seem to find many who have them.

transition1
    Free Member

I have a Large Sommet Pro, bought the frame off CRC then built up running BOS forks 1×10 setup, it’s a great frame very similar geometry to a Patrol not the longest reach but more than likes of Capra or Bronson etc. It’s my second bike to a Smuggler. It climbs well & descends too have 50mm stem & 800 bars, mates who have ridden it love it too.

andy4d

Good bike. I demoed one last year and liked it. Too much travel for me though therefore I got on better with its little brother, escarpe. So nearly bought one of those, it was a great wee bike.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

All sounds positive! I used to have a Giant Reign in 2007 and it was always a bit soggy. I’m guessing things have probably come along a bit since then in the longer travel world.

nairnster
    Free Member

I had a Reign in 2005 and the Escarpe I have now definitely seems a better pedalling platform.

hairyscary

I bought one to replace my 26″ Nukeproof Mega TR and it was been a revelation.
    It’s better at techy climbs, descends everything better, doesn’t hook-up through rough stuff…etc, etc. On my very first ride I was between 5% and 10% quicker on every descent.
    About the only thing it’s not as good at are long fire road climbs…….like I care about them 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Vitus Sommet Pro-any thoughts or experiences?’ is closed to new replies.