Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Vitus Sentier HT – bargain?
  • upshift
    Free Member

Spotted a Vitus hardtail on Wiggle at what initially seems a bargain price (to me anyway) of £949 once a 5% “gold” discount has been applied: link

Thoughts?

mcnultycop

I’m not sure it’s a bargain. It’s ok for the cash, but there are probably better 140mm HT out there for the cash.

Wally

Thoughts?
    Email me for the 10% off code 🙂

upshift
    Free Member

Another 10% would make it about £850… Hhmmm…

Wally

They were giving out codes at London Bike Show, so all legit.
    Whole Vitus range. Email in profile.

Wally

I think you would get 10%, not an additional 10%.

mtbabuser
    Free Member

The sentiers are great bikes, I have a 2016 VRS and I ride it everywhere like a DH bike and it has taken everything I have thrown at it including the 2015 redbull foxhunt where I hit everything without a worry and I am no light rider at 18st!

Combine that with a 5 year frame warranty and the fact it is designed by the same guys who make nukeproofs.

Do it!

andy4d

Not sure it’s a bargain but it is meant to be a very good hardtail from the reviews I have seen. I was thinking about one a while back.

superstu
    Free Member

I think it’s arguably a bargain, not many other 29r options with that decent kit out there for the money. Bigwig for example I see is £1,750 at CRC and aside from a yari I don’t see the kit at least being much better.

andy4d

The link is for a 27.5 not 29er.

superstu
    Free Member

The link is for a 27.5 not 29er.

I’m being dumb, forgot they did both as I had been looking at a sentier as a possible 29r for myself.

Still think it’s decent for the money. Sonder looks good for similar price. I love the Bird hardtails but a bit more money.

As others have said there are other options, depending on what you’re after. But if purely looking at price then Pinnacle Iroko or On One have offerings in that bracket. I like the Pinnacle range but am biased as I have an Arkose and an Iroko. But still think that the original link would be a very good bike for £900 if Wally gives you the code he has!

Wally

If he had a visible email, I would!

jonnyboi

Lovely bike, slack geometry and decent spec, not to heavy if the weight is to be believed. I’m tempted myself

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Vitus Sentier HT – bargain?’ is closed to new replies.