Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Vitus Escarpe
  • slamdog
    Free Member

Hi all, I ordered a freshly reduced Giant Trance 3 last week. Worryingly the order hadn’t been updated in several days. Phone today and it turns out they don’t have the size I ordered.

Anyway, not really wanting to spend 1500 quid on the 2017 model, I have been looking at alternatives. Has anyone any experience of Vitus?

This particular model: Vitus

Also, sizing seems to be confused with itself. In the chart on the site, large is stated as 180/190cms and extra large 190/201 cms. These don’t match the imperial measurements of 5’11″/6’3″ large and 6’3″/6’7″ extra large.
    I’m 191 cms or 6’2″ and a half. Confusingly I sit in both ranges depending on measurement system. Any one tall ridden one?

crashrash

Not ridden one but having just bought and being the same size I would size up, then you can shorten the stem and have lots of room on the bike. Mate has a FS Vitus and he ended up with a large despite being 5’8″

riklegge

I’ve had an escarpe, I was between medium and small, but went with the medium. I would agree about sizing up, standover is still good and the longer reach is worth having.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    t-p26
    Free Member

I ride a Large TREK Remedy. I have a friend who has an XL Escarpe. My Remedy feels longer in the top tube than the St.Vitus

superstu
    Free Member

My brother has just bought one and is the same height as you. He went XL, fits perfectly.

coomber
    Free Member

Exact bike I have. Same size. XL

Send me an email if you want to know anything else chap

slamdog
    Free Member

Thanks for the help guys. Coomber, have you got a photo of the xl frame? Sometimes xl look a bit gangly.

coomber
    Free Member

Yeah I will get one for you later fella after work.

Seat tube is massively dropped. Don’t think it looks like a gate but I would say that!

I’m in Devon of you wanted a try before you buy.

splashdown
    Free Member

My mate rides one and he reckons it’s great! 🙂

slamdog
    Free Member

A bit too far, all the way up here in Manchester mate!

As an aside, I went to look at the Norco Sight A7.2. XL in that was just the right size. Though it’s near 1500 and back in Trance territory. Though better looking since those new Trance’s have vomit for paintwork.

coomber
    Free Member

coomber
    Free Member

Better late than never. Or maybe not when it’s so blurry but thats my xl. Seat is slammed forward. No idea why came like that and I’ve not changed it yet.

First ride tonight and loved it. Really great.

Super bike

superstu
    Free Member

Your lawn could do with some care

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Vitus Escarpe’ is closed to new replies.