Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Vittoria Pavés
  • oldgit
    Free Member

A year or so back they were held in high esteem, is that now not the case?
    IIRC there were wear issues. I’m tempted to buy them again as mine were fine, then again my fifteen quid Vittorias have also been fine.

Worth it or not.

crikey
    Free Member

Good but wear out fast, 3 months of riding and swapped front and rear twice to even out the wear bit then stated to get those punctures that suggest they had gone too far. Only for best.

ourmaninthenorth

My go to tyres for winter training and year round commuting. Yep, they wear (actually, cuts can be worse than wear), but they still grip like s–t to a blanket..!

aP
    Free Member

Keep them for Roubaix and Flanders, they’re very nice but wear too fast for every day use. For winter just get 25mm GP4 Season tires.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Yep, lots of grip – but relatively expensive/wear fast/then cut and puncture for giggles.

As to whether they are worth it or not depends on you/you’re riding.

parisroubaix

agree with all the above- great but wear far faster than 4 seasons which after 2000 miles on mine look like new.

oldgit
    Free Member

Pretty sure I only got 2k out of mine.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I was thinking of switching to these for winter just as a change from my usual gp seasons. If they puncture easily then I don’t think I’ll bother but then again if I get 2k out of them that would do me most of the winter.

If their as good as vittoria corsa evo cx then they’ll do very well.

And yeh my gp 4seasons don’t last much more than 2k anyway.

darrell
    Free Member

got 1500 km out of my current pair. tyre on the back wheel needs replacing. front is fine.

but they have had a hard life. but it is quite expensive

aP
    Free Member

As someone who’s used both Vittoria Pave EVO CG and GP 4 Season – the Vittoria tires are considerably faster wearing than the Continental tires. If you’re only getting 2000 miles out of GP4 Seasons, then you’ll probably be lucky to make it to 500 on Paves.

Gary_M
    Free Member

eek, new tyres every few weeks. For that reason I’m out.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Vittoria Pavés’ is closed to new replies.