Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Visting Cricklade – quiet 4 hour road ride?
  • cakefest
    Free Member

Visiting Cricklade next Tuesday night/Wednesday for a conference. Have got around 3 or 4 hours on Wednesday afternoon for riding some minor roads and relaxing before heading home. Looks like some interesting stuff in the triangle between A429, M4 and A419.

Looks flat.

Any thoughts?

gee
    Free Member

Look me up on Strava – did a fab 70 mile road ride round there about 3 weeks ago.

George Budd

DavidB
    Free Member
    cakefest
    Free Member

hi george, it’s ashley green. i’m not strava’d yet so any other pointers or gpx files?

metal_leg
    Free Member

Put something together from this lot:

http://www.strava.com/activities/76228153
    http://www.strava.com/activities/70971364

Your biggest problem with Cricklade is getting over the 419 without ending up on it so you can explore the Kempsford area 🙂 The first route here shows you how to do it – head north through Cricklade towards the 419 but take a left just before you hit it. Travel parallel along the 419, then right over the bridge.

marvincooper

+1 for the Northleach route, I did it earlier this year. Head North or South anyway, East and West are pretty dull, South is great if you have time to go around the Marlborough Downs, you could cruise to Wootton Bassett from Cricklade, up Clyffe Pypard and then do a loop taking in Marlborough.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Yeah, nice round there.

+1 for Clyffe Pypard / Lyneham / Royal Wootton Bassett end of things. Or head off to Ciren, Bibury and Lechlade.

If you’ve got your climbing legs, go for Avening, Nailsworth, Minchinhampton, Slad, Painswick…

The world is your lobster!

jameso

Nailsworth, Minchinhampton, Slad, Painswick…

yup, head out that way for some great hills. Descending the Painswick valley towards Stroud is a lovely road.

richardk
    Free Member

Lots of the roads up to and around Northleach are being resurfaced at the moment. So you may hit road closures or rough, loose surfaces up that way.

I’d head south – Purton, Royal Wootton Bassett, Broad Town, Avebury, All Cannings, Marlborough, Aldbourne, Lambourn, Shrivenham and back.

The White Horse Sportive route might be too long, so use this as the basis and cut a few sections out.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Visting Cricklade – quiet 4 hour road ride?’ is closed to new replies.